What Percentage Tint - Rear doors and Rear Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mesposito

Reaction score
Looking to get my driver and passenger windows tinted. Would like to match the tint percentage of the rear door windows and the rear/back window. Does anyone know the percentage. I would guess 30%???

OP
OP
mesposito

mesposito

Reaction score
Hmmm...I was close. Now, to get it that dark or not? Never been pulled over for tint but only have in on one car that doesn't get driven much. Are cops that ****** about it? FYI, in Virginia.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First hand experience, cops aren't that ****** about it (in Georgia). However, my brother got his Merc tinted to 20% and has regretted it ever since, because it's very dark at night especially because his side mirrors auto-dim. The Raptor's auto-dim as well I believe... So keep that in mind.

I did 35% and am quite happy even though the reverse lights are a little bit lacking in stock form.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
5% all around even over the rears w/ 5% brow on the windshield. love the look. the only time i feel its hard to see is when i back up but i turn on my HID fogs on the rear bumper along with my LED reverse bulbs in the tails and use the rear cam and i am good to go

thunder

Reaction score
Unless it has changed VA tint law is 50% and even if you are from out of state they issue a ticket for being darker. Happened to me and fighting it didn't help, I was told when traveling in VA you must meet VA laws. So I have never been back.