What mods won’t void warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jsr3245

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Like the title says. I’m just wondering if there are certain mods I can do that will not void warranty. For example I was going to install carbon part fender, mirror caps, and hood grill. Then get my truck ceramic coated. Am I permitted to do that under the warranty? Will it void the whole warranty or just part of it?

Thanks for the help.

Kameron J

Reaction score
Talk with your local dealer. The service manager at the dealer near me is into trucks, he has a tuned F250 himself. He is very cool with me doing certain mods on my truck, haven't had a warranty issue yet. But that's just my experience. If you are worried about warranty, better to find out before the mods go on and get something in writing.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Short answer yes.

If your parts cause a problem then no.

But you should be fine your list is cosmetic so the important things are covered.

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I recommend speaking with your dealer service department. Some are mod friendly others arent. Cosmetic items are usually fine. Let us know if we can help. We offer Anderson Composite. They make high quality carbon fiber parts!

OP
OP
Jsr3245

Jsr3245

Reaction score
Thanks Kameron and Meat. I’ll talk to the service manager and go over my plans. I’m seeing him anyway about the dust under my paint in one spot. Looks like my truck has ******. Hopefully that’s an easy fix. Thanks again guys.

OP
OP
Jsr3245

Jsr3245

Reaction score
I’ll definitely check that out Nick. They got everything I want except the mirror caps. Just worried if I get different manufacturers the carbon won’t match. I plan on getting Anderson anyway. Thanks bud.

Poidog

Reaction score
Not sure if the same law carries to all other states, but here, It is on the dealer to prove that your mods caused the failure in order to void warranty. Always better to check with dealer first, but nonetheless Burden of Proof lies with them.

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I’ll definitely check that out Nick. They got everything I want except the mirror caps. Just worried if I get different manufacturers the carbon won’t match. I plan on getting Anderson anyway. Thanks bud.

You're welcome. Big fan of their products. Very high quality and the CF weave they have looks great

OP
OP
Jsr3245

Jsr3245

Reaction score
Not sure if the same law carries to all other states, but here, It is on the dealer to prove that your mods caused the failure in order to void warranty. Always better to check with dealer first, but nonetheless Burden of Proof lies with them.

Just checked with them today and they said what you guys did. If the part caused the problem it’s not covered, but if it wasn’t caused by mod it’s covered. Thanks again guys.