What is this? Trying to remove driver side shackle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottM713

Reaction score
Trying to install shackles on the rear suspension. Passenger side was easy. Drivers side has this thing on top of the frame under the truck bed that is preventing me from sliding the bolt out. What is it?

Edit.. found an old thread on it. it’s a vibration dampee

Does anyone know how to remove it? Please don’t say remove the bed LOL

Attachments

• 64F7D561-ABA7-4CEC-96B4-C7AAFA797D4B.jpeg
    64F7D561-ABA7-4CEC-96B4-C7AAFA797D4B.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not being A smart A$$ the spring moves. take the wight off the truck the shackle will move forward to get the bolt out. I would take the front bolt out before I removed the bed. or if the wheels are off the ground already jack the spring up. either way the shackle should move. Hope this helps. @ScottM713

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a vibration damper, that was put there to add in vibration when towing, the rubber goes bad and it rattles like a ******, take it off throw it away, every one I know got rid of them.
Just for the fun of it look up the price to replace it, then you will deff throw it away.

OP
OP
S

ScottM713

Reaction score
Not being A smart A$$ the spring moves. take the wight off the truck the shackle will move forward to get the bolt out. I would take the front bolt out before I removed the bed. or if the wheels are off the ground already jack the spring up. either way the shackle should move. Hope this helps. @ScottM713
No worries if you were being a smart A$$ lol I'd rather looks stupid and it be an easy fix than the other option haha well, I looked into remove the front leaf spring mount so I can shift the whole assembly forward... Only thing is.. it looks like I have to remove the gas tank in order to get the front leaf spring mount bolt out.. looks like it's sawzall time for mr vibration damper

OP
OP
S

ScottM713

Reaction score
Its a vibration damper, that was put there to add in vibration when towing, the rubber goes bad and it rattles like a ******, take it off throw it away, every one I know got rid of them.
Just for the fun of it look up the price to replace it, then you will deff throw it away.
How do you remove it without removing the bed? I plan on cutting it off if no easy options is available