What is the highest quality, best cooling, stock location Intercooler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ali 556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(AFE)BladeRunner GT Series Intercooler is every bit as good. Keeps the shutters. Mounts in stock location. Larger than stock without interfering with radiator cooling. Quality unit. I haven't run the other one you mention but I can testify to the ease of installation and the quality.
Mishemoto IC is bigger, and fit in the stock location.

I have it on me raptor.

Ali 556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the ****. It gives you a great high and causes you to tweak, steal, and loose all of your teeth...oh not that kind..haha..I am spraying the intercooler with Alcohol or water, I like this methanol idea, who makes it and where do I get it? I wonder how much power it takes to blow the rods out of the side of the motor??? 700hp or 900hp??? Then add nitrous on top or with...

The stock limit for HO 3.5 is said to be 600whp, remember that **** will give ZERO extra hp, all it does is cool the intake temp, thus give you more consistent boost/timing.

If you are plan on running ze truck, it will give your tuner more "safety" and the option to run more boost.

Review the video above and see how a first gen EB made almost 40more HP with tune/****.

Ali 556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any one needs more info, please ask, I have dug threw this topic for 3 months, and i think I can answer all ze questions.

ArisDiaz

Reaction score
I’ve never heard of anybody having any difficulty regarding the steering bolts and IC in stock location aftermarket IC’s regardless of depth and brand. But I could be wrong.

With that being said, I’m not the biggest fan of Mishimoto as recommended and that’s personal preference really. After reading everything you’ve said...it seems your 3 best options are Injen, CVF or Mishimoto. These IC’s required NO modifications (ie cutting, trimming or relocation of Trans oil cooler etc) or removal of shutters. But the Shutter shroud will have to be removed. Again, get your information and make the beat informed decision for yourself and needs/application. Happy modding!

OP
OP
Mikee Martin

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Garretts IC will require you to remove the stock shutters and shroud, doing that there will be nowno to guide the air threw the IC.

Look here,

The Garrett is BIGGER than the cpe, look at the end when there is nothing to guide the air , and you either need to make a custom shroud or hack the stock shroud.
Thanks. I have watched this video as well. The Garrett and this one are the 2 that are very similar in size, and I like. My truck has no front ic shutters. Bumper caused removal plus much more airflow and noticeable power increase. Makes a nice spot to mount jets for spraying ic with water or alcohol for drag racing..haha..Thanks for your help! Im here for anyone anytime. Monterey, Calif is home for me..Peace out...20200719_174024.jpg

Ali 556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I have watched this video as well. The Garrett and this one are the 2 that are very similar in size, and I like. My truck has no front ic shutters. Bumper caused removal plus much more airflow and noticeable power increase. Makes a nice spot to mount jets for spraying ic with water or alcohol for drag racing..haha..Thanks for your help! Im here for anyone anytime. Monterey, Calif is home for me..Peace out...View attachment 149090

A 29$ pump on Amazon then search "mist nozzle" and get them with 3/8 hose, install the pump on your pass side frame (below the battery) and run a hose to the bottom of the windshield washer tank, get a momentary switch (from Amazon also) and pre your desert run/drag racing/ whatever you are doing with ze truck, spray a little bit of water to chill the IC.

Monterey is a very very very nice place, quite and rainy, you are lucky to live there.