What is the highest quality, best cooling, stock location Intercooler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way I am not bothered by this thread actually thankful for reading it . My raptor is bone stock. the IC seems like a good way for more easy HP without other mods

I agree, it's very timely for me to have a fresh thread on intercoolers since I just bought my Raptor and live in Arizona where it's balls ass hot. it seems like a mod that an otherwise stock truck could just really benefit from.

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, it's very timely for me to have a fresh thread on intercoolers since I just bought my Raptor and live in Arizona where it's balls ass hot. it seems like a mod that an otherwise stock truck could just really benefit from.

agree. I don’t really want to flash it or anything else. I will want it to be able to be easily converted back to stock if necessary… I don’t want to cut or remove things or change my front bumper. Does anyone know what the horsepower bump would be?

By the way I am and easy to but I am in a Prescott it’s probably 20 or 30° cooler than where you are?

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agree. I don’t really want to flash it or anything else. I will want it to be able to be easily converted back to stock if necessary… I don’t want to cut or remove things or change my front bumper. Does anyone know what the horsepower bump would be?

By the way I am and easy to but I am in a Prescott it’s probably 20 or 30° cooler than where you are?

I live in Flagstaff where it’s nice and cool, but I drive to the Devil’s ******* known as Phoenix way more than I want to.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There is no horsepower or torque bump from an upgraded IC. They help prevent "heat soak" from running WOT or towing, etc. People typically upgrade their IC because they are "flashing" the PCM with COBB, JDM, MPT, etc, etc....

Ali 556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To OP,

keep your charge intake temp BELOW 50*c, anything above that the ECU will pull sooo much timing it will be like a -150whp truck.

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no horsepower or torque bump from an upgraded IC. They help prevent "heat soak" from running WOT or towing, etc. People typically upgrade their IC because they are "flashing" the PCM with COBB, JDM, MPT, etc, etc....
Thanks. Good to know

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depends on how you look at it. If the OEM IC causes timing and boost to be pulled back by the ECU because of high intake temps, and that pull results in 40 less HP vs a good intercooler where there is no pulling of boost and timing.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on how you look at it. If the OEM IC causes timing and boost to be pulled back by the ECU because of high intake temps, and that pull results in 40 less HP vs a good intercooler where there is no pulling of boost and timing.

That's fair, it may prevent a deduction of hp/tq, but I still stand by the statement that it does not add any either. I think the stock IC is hot garbage and everyone should updgrade. It takes 2 hours of your own time, especially with the plug-n-play models (CVF, whipple, etc...).