What is a fair price resale price for 2018 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't you have to pay sales tax in AZ when you purchase and again in cali when you register?

when i purchased in mississippi the dealer collected the local tax rate and sent the check to my local dmv, i then weighed and smogged the truck and paid the license fee and remainder of the sales tax. i would assume arizona would be the same unless you plan to register the truck in arizona.

sbdave

Reaction score
Don't you have to pay sales tax in AZ when you purchase and again in cali when you register?

Definitely not. When you register in California you only pay the difference between California's sales tax and wherever you bought it. On the registration form in CA there is a spot for you to put how much tax you've already paid.

I think there is also a way to get a waiver from the dealer in Arizona and not pay sales tax for an out of state purchase, then when you register in CA you pay all the sales tax... But I didn't see the need to go through those hoops.

Megabass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely not. When you register in California you only pay the difference between California's sales tax and wherever you bought it. On the registration form in CA there is a spot for you to put how much tax you've already paid.

I think there is also a way to get a waiver from the dealer in Arizona and not pay sales tax for an out of state purchase, then when you register in CA you pay all the sales tax... But I didn't see the need to go through those hoops.

Well shoot, I was misinformed. Haha

Goflight2

Reaction score
The dealer I just bought from didn’t charge me any tax or license. I’ll pay it all when I register in CA.

Korntera

Reaction score
Im in Oregon just north of Cali and i called every dealer within a 3 hour drive and all were 10K over MSRP, one dealer i have bought fleet vehicles from before said he would go to 7K over MSRP on an instock truck. Found a fleet dealer that drops it off at my local dealer for no additional charge and sold it to me for MSRP and i could custom order it. Guess the west coast is just weird about wanting these trucks. Every day coming into work in Bend OR i see about every other F150 being a raptor, yet in portland its fairly rare to see them.