What fees can I expect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be ordering my Raptor this weekend. I am working with a good dealer in Maryland and I am hoping to get a good deal. Anyway, can anyone share some insight as to what kind of fees I can expect. I'm trying to calculate as many numbers as I can before I hit the dealership. Also, it will help me figure my "out the door" price.
These are the ones I know:
Destination Fees: $1195
Taxes: 6% in Maryland
Fuel Charge: $85
ADV Assessment: $787 (they're charging me to advertise for them....REALLY!?)

Doc Fees: ?
Tags & Title: ?

If any anyone can fill in the blanks and add anything I may be forgetting, I would appreciate it.
Thanks

D

Deleted member 12951

Truecar or costcoauto will show you what invoice is. The Fuel and ADV seems low for a SuperCrew so assuming you are talking about a SuperCab?

To give you an idea, my dealer doc fees are $249. I am moving my tags over but title work is included. It's another $150 to take care of taxes since I am out of state and having to use their third party vendor. In my state, the dealers do not collect sales tax, it is collected when I register at the DMV. I believe I am going to get them to waive that extra $150 since I will be financing with them. I've seen doc fees as low as $199 and as high as $699. I am sure others have gotten that lower. Considering they are selling me the Raptor at $50 over invoice, I think $249 doc fees is fair.

Good luck this weekend but I think you would be better off trying to do the deal via email or phone unless you just like walking and talking in a dealership. That might be your plan all along though. :)

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will only see the ADV assessment if you are if you are getting for the price you negotiated over invoice. This fee should not show up if your paying MSRP. The doc fees etc, I believe vary from state to state.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $750 over invoice for my scab. No other fees besides $64 registration fee and 8.9% sales on the net difference between trade in and raptor price. All other fees are bs dealer add ons.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which dealer in MD, I got mine from Koons Annapolis and while I did buy my 07 Mustang from Sheehy in Gaithersburg after trying to Buy the 14 SE they had on the lot I would never walk into that dealer again.

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who are you going with?

I bought from a dealer in MD. At the time they were doing $500 over invoice.

I got my SCREW for a little over $400 invoice.

Not sure if they're still doing that. I'll PM you the info if you run into problems.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ADV, Fuel and D&D are NOT BS. Mother Ford charges EVERY Dealership. Everyone pays these fees. Your dealer prob subtracted these fees from your trade-in to make you feel better but I can guarantee you that you paid for them.

I paid $750 over invoice for my scab. No other fees besides $64 registration fee and 8.9% sales on the net difference between trade in and raptor price. All other fees are bs dealer add ons.

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just because Ford charges them doesn't mean they aren't BS.
It just means the BS starts further up the chain...

ADV, Fuel and D&D are NOT BS. Mother Ford charges EVERY Dealership. Everyone pays these fees. Your dealer prob subtracted these fees from your trade-in to make you feel better but I can guarantee you that you paid for them.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another way of looking at this BS is that Ford just tells you everything you are paying for. Do you think that other manufacturers don't charge these fees? Well they do and they just wrap it into the final price. I guess this would be called hidden BS

Just because Ford charges them doesn't mean they aren't BS.
It just means the BS starts further up the chain...