GEN 2 What Do You Run Off Your Accessory Switches....Other Than Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are hot when the key is on. Not sure how that works with push button start?

Well poop. So is the USB port I use to charge my phone. It would be nice to charge my phone overnight when I'm out hiking all day and don't move camp.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also curious about the tail gate release? What is the point? It is on the Key Fob too ya know...
The release works when the truck is on and the driver is in the cab. Something the fob can't do, or easy to do when the fob is in a bag, or pocket.

While the mod isn't for everyone, the ones that back up and need to drop the gate without getting out or unlocking it, need it.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The release works when the truck is on and the driver is in the cab. Something the fob can't do, or easy to do when the fob is in a bag, or pocket.

While the mod isn't for everyone, the ones that back up and need to drop the gate without getting out or unlocking it, need it.

The Superduties have a tailgate release button on the left side of the driver's side near the headlight and foglight buttons, pedal button, etc. Also on the key fob. Always thought it was dumb of Ford to do it in the Superduties, but not the F150.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1 - eject
2 - snakes
3 - submarine
4, 5, 6 - lights

Note: switches 1,2, and 3 are a work in progress.

Regarding the tailgate release, it's also possibly the cheapest way to do something something remotely useful with the aux switch. I tend to think people do it for that reason alone...which I think is just fine.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you guys run off your Accessory Switches other than just more lighting?
as you can see most people run lights. i have added a lot more aux switches for all my lights. but aux 1 on the truck is the master switch for all my aftermarket switches. so aux 1 will turn on and off every other switch. so when i have all my forward facing lights on, i can flip aux 1 off and turn them all off at once instead of having to flip multiple awitches at a time. i use an aux switch for my train horn, an aux switch for my air compressors, and an aux switch for my interior dome light. i hate the fact it always turns on when you open a door so i wired it to a switch so i can turn on and off whenever i want and not come on when the door is opened

Sidewayz

Reaction score
as you can see most people run lights. i have added a lot more aux switches for all my lights. but aux 1 on the truck is the master switch for all my aftermarket switches. so aux 1 will turn on and off every other switch. so when i have all my forward facing lights on, i can flip aux 1 off and turn them all off at once instead of having to flip multiple awitches at a time. i use an aux switch for my train horn, an aux switch for my air compressors, and an aux switch for my interior dome light. i hate the fact it always turns on when you open a door so i wired it to a switch so i can turn on and off whenever i want and not come on when the door is opened
how cool are the train horns?