Well, Raptor - 1, Black Bear - Decapitated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raceredi2

Reaction score
Just over 1200 miles on my new ride, and it got its first ding. Though I gotta say for hitting a black bear at 80mph on the highway, it held up extremely well.

I didn't see it until the last second, and wasn't really sure wtf I hit at first. Pulled off the road at the next exit about a mile up the road, and did not want to even get out to see the damage. I was figuring on the front end being slammed. But that was not the case at all. Luckily it hit right on the tow hook. Only dented the front bumper, slightly bent the skid, and knocked up one of the plastic bumper covers. I still wasn't sure what it was until the guy that was right behind me pulled up in front of me on the side of the exit in his car. I saw him get out with a flashlight to check his car and had to ask him what it was. He said that he ran over the body of it and that its head and part of its body was in the middle of the road. It got his car pretty good too.

I didn't believe it so I had to bust a Uturn and go check it out. Sure enough, the raptor decapitated the poor guy. Ive only ever seen one bear before in the mountains, and never thought of hitting one on the highway.

New bumper and skid plates got painted today. Tried to get better pics, but only had my phone that night. Daytime pics were after driving through snow and rain and washed most of the crap off. Was pretty nasty.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just over 1200 miles on my new ride, and it got its first ding. Though I gotta say for hitting a black bear at 80mph on the highway, it held up extremely well.

I didn't see it until the last second, and wasn't really sure wtf I hit at first. Pulled off the road at the next exit about a mile up the road, and did not want to even get out to see the damage. I was figuring on the front end being slammed. But that was not the case at all. Luckily it hit right on the tow hook. Only dented the front bumper, slightly bent the skid, and knocked up one of the plastic bumper covers. I still wasn't sure what it was until the guy that was right behind me pulled up in front of me on the side of the exit in his car. I saw him get out with a flashlight to check his car and had to ask him what it was. He said that he ran over the body of it and that its head and part of its body was in the middle of the road. It got his car pretty good too.

I didn't believe it so I had to bust a Uturn and go check it out. Sure enough, the raptor decapitated the poor guy. Ive only ever seen one bear before in the mountains, and never thought of hitting one on the highway.

New bumper and skid plates got painted today. Tried to get better pics, but only had my phone that night. Daytime pics were after driving through snow and rain and washed most of the crap off. Was pretty nasty.

Glad you didn't wreck your Raptor (and yourself) trying to avoid hitting him. I know someone here who swerved to avoid a coyote and totaled his car and got banged up pretty good.

Maryland guys should stick to running over Ravens :waytogo:

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well all things considered u made out good, cant say the same for the bear

i hit one in my old '02 S10 Xtreme doing about 65 mph. came around and a turn and there he was. swerved and nailed him. caused $6,500 worth in damage. he was a big boy. i hit him and he rolled and hit gaurd rail. got up and then ran into the woods. only plus was a got a whole new body kit and front end for it, all aftermarket parts i wanted anyway.

OP
OP
Raceredi2

Raceredi2

Reaction score
Yeah, definitely made out on the good side. It could have been much worse. Parts are expensive for sure. I think the bumper was around $1100 or so from the dealer, and yes, the plastic piece was crazy as well. But I found a great OEM dealer near York PA that is awesome!

Beshore And Koller. If you need any factory Ford parts, or Ford Racing Parts, I highly recommend giving them a call. Ask for Brandon as well. They are great, and discount everything a bunch. He got the bumper for me around $600. And a bunch of other parts as well.

festusrocks2001

Reaction score
Glad you didn't wreck your Raptor (and yourself) trying to avoid hitting him. I know someone here who swerved to avoid a coyote and totaled his car and got banged up pretty good.

Glad ur ok.
Speaking of swerving I hit a deer and told the insurance company i didn't see it, they asked if I swerved? What? Why? NO i did not swerve, didn't see it.
They put it down as Comp, not collision= no deductible.