Welcome to the Family! Gen 2 Raptor Support is Now Available!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wait, so the truck... STOCK... with 91 octane fuel outperforms your 87 octane custom tune?

Right. The 87 version makes as much power as it can make on 87 but it isn't really a performance map.

Kyle,

Got a stupid question. Does the cone filter (stage 1+) require oiling/washing/reoiling?

Thanks

The filter will occasionally require a wash and re-oil. Here is a link to our filter cleaning kit. You could use any brand filter oil after cleaning it with soap and water though (make sure it's completely dry before applying the oil). A good rule of thumb is usually annually or every ~10k miles. If you hoon it out in the dunes on the weekends, maybe a little more often.

does anybody know if the speed governor has been increased or removed completely?

It's been raining the last 4 days so I don't feel safe attempting it right now.

It isn't technically removed. It is set at 200mph.

Will Cobb develop E85 tuning? Corn on the cobb so to speak.

You can currently get the car tuned to run on varying blends of ethanol through a Protuner using our Accesstuner Software. We haven't gotten too deep into the limits of the stock fuel system but it should safely be capable of at least an e50 blend.

Kyle@COBB

NV997tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kyle,

Got a stupid question. Does the cone filter (stage 1+) require oiling/washing/reoiling?

Thanks
Yes. Their filters need clean and oil per the instructions in the box.
Are these offered for 2019’s or just the 2017-2018’s?
19 is not yet supported but will be soon. Cobb has stated here that that is priority for them now. Shouldn’t be long for you guys.

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else order immediately from CJ Pony Parts?
I ordered my 1+ kit around 10:41am on 1/11/19.
No shipping quote, no communication, no nothing!

A bit disappointed to say the least....while many others already have theirs!
And here I thought I was one of the first to order... :wtf2:

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else order immediately from CJ Pony Parts?
I ordered my 1+ kit around 10:41am on 1/11/19.
No shipping quote, no communication, no nothing!

A bit disappointed to say the least....while many others already have theirs!
And here I thought I was one of the first to order... :wtf2:

Dude, that sucks. I ordered mine Wednesday direct from Cobb and it was on my doorstop in MA last night. Got it installed and played around with it a bit already!!