Welcome to the Family! Gen 2 Raptor Support is Now Available!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice there tips! Now move along if you don’t know the answer to a simple question.

If anyone has the actual answer to my question it would be greatly appreciated!

It will not make more power on 87 octane than the stock map. It's 87 octane! ;) You would be able to save a little at the pump though. It's effectively de-tuned a little so you are able to run such low octane fuel safely. But personally, I'd be looking forward to using all of the 87 so I could get better fuel and mo' powah back in action!

Kyle@COBB

I knew the answer and provided the answer to your "simple question" truth hurts hey tips?!? whatever the hell that means.

OP
OP
COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just received my kit. Looking forward to tuning it later. So the drop in filter states to use the exact oil “performance oil” what oils might that be? Is it pre oiled? It doesn’t look it unless the oil is clear. Please advise if I need to oil before drop in, and with what? I have kn oils around

It is Pre-oiled! Check out the product page for more details. Here is a direct link to our filter cleaner kit which includes the oil but any air filter oil can be used.

Kyle@COBB

NV997tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is Pre-oiled! Check out the product page for more details. Here is a direct link to our filter cleaner kit which includes the oil but any air filter oil can be used.

Kyle@COBB
Awesome. Thanks. That means drop in and 93 for me! At this moment, truck is at dealer getting the recall done and any updates avail... TCM specifically as my truck was rough shifting in sport mode. That all said... is there any reason why I should wait on the AP flash? Say to let the new programming “learn” or might it be the optimal time for the flash???

2024RaptorR_NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will not make more power on 87 octane than the stock map. It's 87 octane! ;) You would be able to save a little at the pump though. It's effectively de-tuned a little so you are able to run such low octane fuel safely. But personally, I'd be looking forward to using all of the 87 so I could get better fuel and mo' powah back in action!

Kyle@COBB

Thank you! I daily drive my truck and have considered cross country road trips as I have done in the past with my other vehicles. The option to safely run 87 while doing long highway trips is nice to have. Knowing that your Cobb Stage 1 OTS 87 octane map would not out perform the stock map on 91 was all I was wondering as then it would be very tempting, knowing it’s not I would just stick to 91, thanks for the info!

2024RaptorR_NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew the answer and provided the answer to your "simple question" truth hurts hey tips?!? whatever the hell that means.

If you provided an answer that would have been great, instead you left a sarcastic condescending comment to my inquiry...some people are here to help the community and then there are the keyboard warrior trolls...still getting to know whos who in here, thanks for the help!

OP
OP
COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks. That means drop in and 93 for me! At this moment, truck is at dealer getting the recall done and any updates avail... TCM specifically as my truck was rough shifting in sport mode. That all said... is there any reason why I should wait on the AP flash? Say to let the new programming “learn” or might it be the optimal time for the flash???

No need to wait!

Kyle@COB

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I’ll have 2 Cobb product vehicles in my stable. Gotta love Cobb Tuning products and there support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kyle,

Got a stupid question. Does the cone filter (stage 1+) require oiling/washing/reoiling?

Thanks

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anybody know if the speed governor has been increased or removed completely?

It's been raining the last 4 days so I don't feel safe attempting it right now.