Weak points?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nrselle

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking to buy my first Raptor at the end of year. I'm doing my research and would like some feedback on any weak points the Raptor may have. Thanks!:)

Magnum PI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're stupid enough everything. Meaning anything can break. So upgrade as you go along. Recently for me tie rods , front shock and upper control arms. Depends how hard you drive it off road. Like anything else.

OP
OP
nrselle

nrselle

Reaction score
Just to be a little more specific, I won't be driving the truck hard in the dirt. I'm primarily looking for mechanical issues that tend to fail after the truck sees some miles. Won't be hucking it or hitting up Barstow main lol. The most dirt it will see will be taking my dirt bike out and taking it out to watch the races. I'll be in the market for a used Raptor. What are the things I should be looking for? CV joints, wheel hubs/bearings, etc. Are the transmissions and engines (6.2L) pretty bullet proof? Thanks again!!

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just to be a little more specific, I won't be driving the truck hard in the dirt. I'm primarily looking for mechanical issues that tend to fail after the truck sees some miles. Won't be hucking it or hitting up Barstow main lol. The most dirt it will see will be taking my dirt bike out and taking it out to watch the races. I'll be in the market for a used Raptor. What are the things I should be looking for? CV joints, wheel hubs/bearings, etc. Are the transmissions and engines (6.2L) pretty bullet proof? Thanks again!!

Given this statement the items I listed above are mainly from off-roading your truck. If your off-roading is mild I have not heard of many problems.