Weak points?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Watch the rear frame section. RPG has you covered going to a stage 2 system with fox bump stops. I just broke my stock rear axle shafts and I'm upgrading if I decide to, to chromoly.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weak points? My truck has 60K mi on it and has only had ball joints, tranny pump and the 110V electrical plug go bad (all Mfgr. Warranty or Premium care covered). The only thing I actually broke/bent was the front skid plate from an outing at the dunes. Heard numerous other trucks with this condition...in fact one of the better Raptor videos with one of the car guys, runs through the video with a bent skid plate. Totally my fault, and there are plenty aftermarket guys ------> that have great stuff....but keep in mind those will bend too....especially as hard as I hit the dune face, I was surprised I hadn't done a lot....A LOT... more damage.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking to buy my first Raptor at the end of year. I'm doing my research and would like some feedback on any weak points the Raptor may have. Thanks!:)

If You are doing your research you will know that there are a few threads on this very topic that have better technical info than what had been stated thus far.

What truck are you looking at? Year? Engine?

Some have issues with the rear axle breaking under heavy duress. Third brake lights leaks water into the cab from time to time. Rear defroster has caused broken windows. Power Steering pumps....

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If You are doing your research you will know that there are a few threads on this very topic that have better technical info than what had been stated thus far.

What truck are you looking at? Year? Engine?

Some have issues with the rear axle breaking under heavy duress. Third brake lights leaks water into the cab from time to time. Rear defroster has caused broken windows. Power Steering pumps....

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

What about power steering pumps? Lol

M64D RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a new bigger res for the PSP the rack is the weak point. Mainly the pinion gear that wears out. This is my second Raptor and both are different years. Both have had the weak point show as the steering rack.