Weak Points Ford Should Address?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have always thought the next evolution of the ipad wold be that it snaps into the center console of a car and wham you have your music, nav, phone (cell signal needed) ect. all in one device.

Same here. Makes no sense anymore to pay for a crappy overpriced computer in your dash when we've all already got them in our pockets.

I know that Apple is working on automotive products. Hope it's something along these lines.

raptor_qatar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly, better interior.
I'm not saying they should put leather, it's still a work truck but c'mon this plastic shit is getting annoying.

Last edited:

Buckeyesvtraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct. Sync3 is all in house and MS is done.

I don't understand why more manufacturers don't use google maps as it is a great product (street view could add to the nav experience) but more importantly it is always up to date.

I have always thought the next evolution of the ipad wold be that it snaps into the center console of a car and wham you have your music, nav, phone (cell signal needed) ect. all in one device.

There are some good threads on this forum where they have integrated iPads and iPad minis into the dash. It hooks up with sync nicely. I was going to go this route if I bought a raptor without factory nav

FilthyRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want a LSD rear so it's not one wheel drive all the time on the street and hate having a locked rear except in mud sand or real snow

I really couldn't complain about anything in my 12' loaded screw other than the rear end and the mpg.
I'm deff going scab this next go around

Last edited:

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want a LSD rear so it's not one wheel drive all the time on the street and hate having a locked rear except in mud sand or real snow

I really couldn't complain about anything in my 12' loaded screw other than the rear end and the mpg.
I'm deff going scab this next go around

:birgits_tiredcoffee Yup!! . . also be nice to have "wav-trac" diffs, front and rear . . and a choice of gear ratios :waytogo:

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think they should relocate the outer front marker on the flares as I can see 2 possibilities. 1 the hardcore desert off-roader will find something to wipe it right off the front fender. 2 the first guy to install 37" tires will bottom it out and rip the flare of the truck taking the marker with it. Btw, where's the rear DOT lights?

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think they should relocate the outer front marker on the flares as I can see 2 possibilities. 1 the hardcore desert off-roader will find something to wipe it right off the front fender. 2 the first guy to install 37" tires will bottom it out and rip the flare of the truck taking the marker with it. Btw, where's the rear DOT lights?

They cant, its mandated by the government because the truck is so wide so the markers have to stay where they are.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They cant, its mandated by the government because the truck is so wide so the markers have to stay where they are.

Gen 1 doesn't have the marker lights on the flares.

They're definitely going to get torn off a lot out there. I just saw a thread this week about a guy who got his fender flare hit by some dummy at a gas station. There's a reason why the flares are attached with cheap plastic clips (other than they are cheap) and that's because they break away pretty easily and save your truck from much more expensive damage.

Definitely a bad place to put the marker lights.