GEN 2 We need Ford Performance to Make a Gen2 Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5255230c61f936af6eee97d5749550bf.jpg

So, I never heard from N-FAB in response to my email through their website. I figured maybe they were affected by the hurricane so I called them today. I was told no issues - they were able to stay open - so that's good.

The guy I talked to said they've not had any negative feedback on their lightbar for the Raptor / F-150. I explained that there's not a problem or issue with their light bar it's just that the light bar with an LED light bar mounted on it blocks the bottom portion of the front camera display. He seemed to have no clue about it. Just said they've not had any complaints with their light bars.

I asked him if they do customs and he said no.

That was it. No interest in understanding the challenge or the opportunity to make a better light bar for trucks with forward facing cameras. And no interest in making a custom light bar.

By the way, I did find out that you have to cut through the plastic panel(s) of the truck to install their light bar. He said it attaches to the frame and there's no hole drilling required. I assume their light bar mounts up to existing bolts but I don't know. Perhaps someone who knows about N-FAB's light bar can tell us?

I continue to look for a better LED light bar mounting solution. I think it's out there just need to figure it out and maybe buy a bar like this as a starting point and modify it. <thinking>

Can you adjust the angle of the camera housing?

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got one of the Ford Performance ones on my Gen1. I like it. The grey matches the lower bumper and the flares.

Probably about to replace everything up front with an ADD bumper, though. But I like the way it looks now.

I'm quite surprised Ford didn't do a version for the Gen 2. It's a super simple concept/design.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

I put a laser to the side of the truck where you can relocate the camera to a few inches higher and from the laser it appeared it would still be blocked significantly.

If you talked to “Scooter”, he most assuredly heard about fitment issues from me.

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a laser to the side of the truck where you can relocate the camera to a few inches higher and from the laser it appeared it would still be blocked significantly.

If you talked to “Scooter”, he most assuredly heard about fitment issues from me.

I bet mine looks horrendous, I'll have to check after work.

OP
OP
W

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score

No but that's a great idea. I assume everything associated with the camera and grill are plastic and it looks like the grill was designed for the camera's location. Do all Gen2 Raptors come with a front camera? If not, what does the grill look like there?

If the camera angle can be changed with a custom bracket that might be one solution.

I think this truck needs more light options than just the bumper openings or replacing the bumper with a super expensive bumper plus the cost of additional lights.

Still looking for options...

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No but that's a great idea. I assume everything associated with the camera and grill are plastic and it looks like the grill was designed for the camera's location. Do all Gen2 Raptors come with a front camera? If not, what does the grill look like there?

If the camera angle can be changed with a custom bracket that might be one solution.

I think this truck needs more light options than just the bumper openings or replacing the bumper with a super expensive bumper plus the cost of additional lights.

Still looking for options...

If I were concerned about it, I would try to relocate the camera myself to the custom bumper, much like you do with the rear sensors. For a new rear bumper with backup sensors, you remove them and relocate.

You could drill out and mount it here, run the wires inside the tube, and reconnect under the hood. It wouldn't be the same height, but it would be a clear view and could adjust the angle before final lock down.
Maybe Advanced Desert Designs could take this idea and run with it, including the extension wire kit, and I can get some commission. :hitit:

Attachments

• T97228186.png
    T97228186.png
    247.9 KB · Views: 125
Last edited: