Water leak - Front Passenger area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amich

Reaction score
Had the same on my F150. Thought it was a bad windshield seal. Turns out the drain hose for the sunroof became detached. Hope this helps

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heavy rains in KC this week. Heard the sloshing next day when I stopped. Pulled sill covers front and back, and harness on driver’s side Was swimming in an inch of water.
Checked rear sunroof drain. It was easy, dropped rear seat, pulled seatbelt trim cover and could see drain hose was dangling and rubber nipple was not seated. Reseated, at least fixed a known problem. See pics. 459A6DE0-813A-4D6B-A2C2-BC71932BB838.jpeg0BA67F1B-284F-43B9-94B9-05F7AF2FC5C1.jpeg1F66B77F-3F81-4602-B405-EA7403586A64.jpeg

Last edited:

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work! You got lucky as the problem could have been more involved with the sunroof. I don’t understand why Ford can’t improve their QC inspections on the sunroof drain tubes or improve the design. They’ve had these issues for years!

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That really sucks. What year is your truck?

I' had seen tons of leaky truck threads with the Gen 6 Rams. The odd thing is there are many different things causing the leaks. One guy had a fender that was never sealed.

Last edited:

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Front sunroof plug is under carpet on drivers side , see pic. Another source water can get in, although I can’t see it reaching the sills. But it would soak driver’s side carpet if loose.

1F46CDD1-D20B-466D-8E20-EA1A12783719.jpeg

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oldfart- it’s a 2018 802a, 40k miles. Love the truck, wouldn’t trade it for a Dodge or Chevy. Water leaks suck though. Drying out the front carpet as I type this. At least I am fairly confident I found the problem. A drain hose hanging loose in the back seat is not “Ford Tough”.
BTW - dealer tried to tell me Raptor is built to do this, get water in the sills. Told me to pull drain plugs under sill. Said it was for fording creeks and water.
LOL.

Dan096

Reaction score
Tell your dealer they are full of Sh&% ! Tell them that came from a 30 year Ford sr master tec who also owns a Raptor..If that was true there would be a rubber mat instead of carpet and removable floor drains like my FJ Cruiser had because it was made for water fording..Ford is notorious for water leaks,have 4 in shop with interiors removed due to water soaked and moldy smell...we have a company 2 times a week come in for water leaks!

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oldfart- it’s a 2018 802a, 40k miles. Love the truck, wouldn’t trade it for a Dodge or Chevy. Water leaks suck though. Drying out the front carpet as I type this. At least I am fairly confident I found the problem. A drain hose hanging loose in the back seat is not “Ford Tough”.
BTW - dealer tried to tell me Raptor is built to do this, get water in the sills. Told me to pull drain plugs under sill. Said it was for fording creeks and water.
LOL.

Now THAT's some real salesmanship right there!! OMFG! :happy175: Yeah, drill some big holes in your floorboards too! It will drain quickly.