Washing step prefect for Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the Giantex platform on Amazon and am pleasantly surprised.

It is just the right height, making washing/drying hood, roof, front/rear glass much easier. The doors clear the step, so you don’t have to move to open

It is truly non-slip. Even when wet and soapy, I know I’m safe from slipping.

It is solid. I’m 240 lbs and there isn’t the slightest wobble or instability, made better with the four legs and their broad rubber bases.

Giantex Step Stool Folding Step... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RJJ7GKM/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

That looks like a great help. Just wish it had telescoping legs so maybe it could go up another 19" or so to get the roof.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That looks like a great help. Just wish it had telescoping legs so maybe it could go up another 19" or so to get the roof.
Your Prius is only 19" tall,so what are you worried about? Wear some 70s platform shoes if you cant reach the middle of your prius roof!

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got the Gorilla step stool from Home Depot and the Adam's step stool. I am no homer for Adam's products some I like some I don't but their step stool is in a different league than the HD Gorilla. The Adam's Is on Sale and $10.00 cheaper than the HD currently. I got a smoking deal on the HD stepper but really wish I had two Adam's units.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I got the Gorilla step stool from Home Depot and the Adam's step stool. I am no homer for Adam's products some I like some I don't but their step stool is in a different league than the HD Gorilla. The Adam's Is on Sale and $10.00 cheaper than the HD currently. I got a smoking deal on the HD stepper but really wish I had two Adam's units.

Whats different between the two? Was looking at the HD Gorilla one for a second one.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whats different between the two? Was looking at the HD Gorilla one for a second one.

At the basic level, the HD is more of a stepping stool while Adam's is more of platform.

Height -
HD - 3.5' ( 42")
Adam's - 20"? (A little hard to tell from description)
Adam's should be fine for use with the truck for most guys, but perhaps lacking for the wife?

Weight capacity -
HD - 250 lbs (fine for most)
Adams - 600 lbs (fine for all, and can fit two people)

Work surface width -
HD - 13"
Adam's - 38"?
This is a bigger factor than you think. With a standard step stool, I have to move the stool to 6 total locations to cover the entire roof and windows. Up/down gets annoying. If Adam's can reduce that to 2 that would be great. The design looks like I could reach over horizontally without risk of tipping over the stool.

Weight -
HD - 6.4 lbs
Adam's - 12.2 lbs.

Storage dimensions
HD - 13" x 42"X 3.25
Adam's - 12”x 38”x 8”
This can make a difference if you're tight on storage space. Also looks like you can easily hang HD on the wall easily. Adam's might be more of a challenge.

Cost -
HD - $30
Adam's - $60

It should be mentioned that HD has platforms similar to Adam's available, but nothing that looks to be of similar quality and price range.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At the basic level, the HD is more of a stepping stool while Adam's is more of platform.

Height -
HD - 3.5' ( 42")
Adam's should be fine for use with the truck for most guys, but perhaps lacking for the wife?

Weight capacity -

Work surface width -
HD - 13"
Adam's - 38"?
This is a bigger factor than you think. With a standard step stool, I have to move the stool to 6 total locations to cover the entire roof and windows. Up/down gets annoying. If Adam's can reduce that to 2 that would be great. The design looks like I could reach over horizontally without risk of tipping over the stool.

Weight -
HD - 6.4 lbs
Adam's - 12.2 lbs.

Storage dimensions
HD - 13" x 42"X 3.25
Adam's - 12”x 38”x 8”
This can make a difference if you're tight on storage space. Also looks like you can easily hang HD on the wall easily. Adam's might be more of a challenge.

Cost -
HD - $30
Adam's - $60

It should be mentioned that HD has platforms similar to Adam's available, but nothing that looks to be of similar quality and price range.

Awesome details, thanks!

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Height -
HD - 3.5' ( 42")

Weight capacity -

Work surface width -
HD - 13"
Adam's - 38"?

The Gorilla I have is not 42"
HD - 6.4 lbs
Adam's - 12.2 lbs.

Storage dimensions
HD - 13" x 42"X 3.25
Adam's - 12”x 38”x 8”

Cost -
HD - $30
Adam's - $60

These size dimensions are different than the Gorilla I have. They are both comparable in dimensional size but not exact. The Gorilla does not have anti slip grip tape on the deck which I had to add. The Gorilla is just lighter and feels cheaper if that makes sense? The Adams has locking legs that are very simple, reliable and easy to use the gorilla has some spring loaded pins that I am already having trouble with one of them. I may see if I can return my Gorilla and get another Adam's.

I am in the cry once crowd.