Washed Wrong For Years?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeCreaux

Reaction score
When I’ve got the time I use the foam wand at the car wash. Otherwise I just pressure wash and rinse. But I do clean my wheels pretty often with a toilet brush.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use the self wash pressure wash..they have a great deal when you buy $20 worth of token you get 12 and 3tokens gives close to 20min run time.. drive a few blocks, come back and dry with adams h20 guard and gloss, boom done.. takes about an hour total..

Pk64f100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been trying the Adams products bought a foam cannon and I really think the five gallon bucket Mother’s wash and wax from Wally World and the gas powered blower with 1-2 times a year Nu-Finish and it’s awesome on all our rides. I think you can spend a mint on all this new dangled stuff but unless you got some big dollar show car or exotic then I think it’s keep it simple.

OP
OP
Gerald

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried my new foam cannon yesterday, using my wife's car as the guinea pig. ;) Her car needed a quick washing anyway. Seem to work pretty well, but still not as thick as I would have liked. I'll probably try adding a little more soap in the cannon next time to see if that helps. For this first time I wanted to err on the side of not having enough soap so that I know I'm not overdoing it. But no issues at all using the cheap foam cannon off of amazon.

OP
OP
Gerald

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I'll try and post pics and/or a video when I eventually foam the Raptor!

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what's the link between car washes and tinted windows? The windows are tinted on the inside of the glass, so unless you're spraying the interior of the truck, it shouldn't make a difference, right? Or am I missing something?

Apparently I must be washing my truck wrong, too.

Remoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D8DR0AO/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

This stuff is amazing. You can wash it inside your garage without making a mess. No rinsing, cleans great and leaves an amazing shine. Watch some videos on prefessional detailers using the stuff...nothing is easier.

My rap wont fit in my garage. Total bummer.... Reminds me of 4 years ago when our Deputy Fire Commish ran out and bought a Ladder truck without measuring the firehouse. It didnt fit. The million dollar mistake is what the media called it.... Anyway, I digress...lol

Thats_a_Rap

Reaction score
Awesome! Welcome to OCD carwashing! I wash both my raptor and My wife's car by hand, always!

The next time you purchase a top coat spray, please consider P&S Bead Maker. It smells great, is easy to apply, and really gives that extra pop, even over my ceramic coating!