Was There a Time When…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blu Bug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do people move on or are they just pushed away? I just joined after buying my Gen 1. My purchase was based on the V-8 and I joined at first for the advice and experience aspects. In the short time I have browsed I have become sick of hearing about people ordering and waiting for their truck or engaging in some mental ************ session about which door handles they should have ordered.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The newest Gen 1 is 8 years old and it is now 2 generations old. The number of actual Gen 1’s on the road is reduced every day. Unfortunately the old models are ignored over time.

Last edited:

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do people move on or are they just pushed away? I just joined after buying my Gen 1. My purchase was based on the V-8 and I joined at first for the advice and experience aspects. In the short time I have browsed I have become sick of hearing about people ordering and waiting for their truck or engaging in some mental ************ session about which door handles they should have ordered.

Do what I did. I pretty much only followed the Gen 1 forum, because that’s what I had and didn’t care about the rest. Now I have a Gen 2 so I follow some stuff there, but still check in on my Gen 1 buddies from time to time. I read the Gen 3 stuff if I’m bored, but usually don’t get that bored.

I would’ve kept my Gen 1, but it was the right market to unload it, and had an opportunity to purchase a Gen 2 that wasn’t outrageously priced. Got my 17 with 33k miles back in December, and get to start modding all over again.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just like everything else it comes and goes. I joined Oct 10 2021 so idk all of the happenings before. This gen1 is my first raptor and i love it. No its not a boosted power house or have high tech features like the g2-3. i dont care how fast it goes, its not a drag truck. I like the style and the NA v8 that still performs great on and off road. My wifey also like it and she always wants to run stuff over or push slow people out of the way lol.

This pic is within a couple hours after buying it. View attachment 348898
Bought mine 2 years ago and it gives me a smile everytime I drive it. I could've bought a Gen2 but the V8 is what I wanted.

Josfue

Reaction score
Was there a time when this fine forum, one of my home away from homes, had only a Gen 1 section, before the Gen 2 was even announced? And now with the reordering, or rejiggering of the sub forums, we find the once and still great Gen 1 at the bottom of the page, with a vaporware Raptor R sitting at the top, as if it’s king, when no one even knows if it will ever see the light of day.

As a 3x Gen 2 owner (17, 19, 20) and now proud owner of a Gen3, I still look up with reverence and smile when a Gen 1 goes by.

Has the number of Gen 1 owner/members shrunk on the forum? Or have more who purchased them used joined over the years?

The Gen 1 is what turned me on to the Raptor but back then I didn’t consider owning a truck. Now a truck is my primary vehicle and I wouldn’t be without one.

Long live the Gen 1.
You Sir !! have said exactly the way I feel ! I am currently own a army sand color or
Was there a time when this fine forum, one of my home away from homes, had only a Gen 1 section, before the Gen 2 was even announced? And now with the reordering, or rejiggering of the sub forums, we find the once and still great Gen 1 at the bottom of the page, with a vaporware Raptor R sitting at the top, as if it’s king, when no one even knows if it will ever see the light of day.

As a 3x Gen 2 owner (17, 19, 20) and now proud owner of a Gen3, I still look up with reverence and smile when a Gen 1 goes by.

Has the number of Gen 1 owner/members shrunk on the forum? Or have more who purchased them used joined over the years?

The Gen 1 is what turned me on to the Raptor but back then I didn’t consider owning a truck. Now a truck is my primary vehicle and I wouldn’t be without one.

Long live the Gen 1.
thank you Sir for paying respect to the few loyals (still Raptor 1) generation!! is painful to read this forum like the raptor 1 is a myth !! But that myth is a real life beautiful 6.2L that should demand respect just like Elvia!!

tgrayson

Reaction score
I still go to the forum for Gen 1 information that is mostly very useful. I have a late production 2014 with 64k miles on the clock with enough mods to put out 450hp. I'm old school and like a big heavy steel bodied truck with big block V8 and yes, I have a hard time keeping it under 80 on the highway. I have owned it for 5 years and the best part is that it is paid for!

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You Sir !! have said exactly the way I feel ! I am currently own a army sand color or

thank you Sir for paying respect to the few loyals (still Raptor 1) generation!! is painful to read this forum like the raptor 1 is a myth !! But that myth is a real life beautiful 6.2L that should demand respect just like Elvia!!

1). The color is Terrain.

2). Two posts acting like you’ve been around forever.

3). I don’t know Elvia, nor ever heard of Elvia, so Elvia won’t be getting any respect from me.

Ben3

Reaction score
Have a gen 1 & 2. Can’t say I would trade either one. Love the V8. Like the features of the gen 2 but would rather have a V8. Just added a Ram TRX. Super fun and fast. Dodge or Ram has come along way. Still a FORD guy.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just like everything else it comes and goes. I joined Oct 10 2021 so idk all of the happenings before. This gen1 is my first raptor and i love it. No its not a boosted power house or have high tech features like the g2-3. i dont care how fast it goes, its not a drag truck. I like the style and the NA v8 that still performs great on and off road. My wifey also like it and she always wants to run stuff over or push slow people out of the way lol.

This pic is within a couple hours after buying it. View attachment 348898
I was taking pictures of mine and texting them to my friends on the ride home! As soon as they saw the red stripe on the steering wheel and the gauge cluster I was getting the hate. Jealous little *******.

Attachments

• 20211227_145352.jpg
    20211227_145352.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 35
Last edited: