warranty expiring and still 4wd problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would park it in a parking lot across from the biggest ford Dealer in Denver with a Huge Lemon sign with all the times you brought it in for repair on it. I saw that done once with a Winebago in Phoenix and it was very effective. The news channels covered it, get it out on social media too. Bad publicity goes a long way!

On the Lemon Law issue, I had a co worker friend turn a 2008 Dodge 3/4 ton with a Cummins back in under the LL after 7 attempts to repair the EGR system. Truck would go into limp mode sometimes right after getting it back from the dealer. I would think Colorado's Lemon Law is at least as good as Az.

I saw someone do this at a VW dealership in Illinois back in the early 90's. Caught my attention...

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
update time.

they have had the truck for almost a month. i ended up calling ford customer care. they made a call to the dealership and behold my truck is done........ or so we thought. they tested 4wd and everything worked fine, so they called me to let me know that it was ready to be picked up. i asked them to test 4wd above 25 mph, which they didnt in their testing. and thats when i noticed i have 4wd problems. sure enough, same pop and clunk as before. so now they need to put in a new front diff. which the guy told me it would be monday before it gets fixed. based on this experience, im guessing wednesday if not later. so here i am without my truck for much longer than expected. the main issue is the mechanic working on my truck got pulled off several times to do other work on other vehicles. had they not pulled him off so many times, this would have been found sooner and i would be in my truck. its a perfect example of first one in, last one out. i understand they can not work on my truck constantly, but this is boardering rediculous. but along with the bad, is the good. they have done more than any other dealer to date, so im giving them the chance to fix this in a timely manner and hopefully fix the 4wd for good. i am just hoping they dont stretch this out longer than it needs to be and he comes somewhat close to his promised date to fix. they have taken care of all the other issues with the truck so now its down the just the 4wd. and i greatly appreciate the fact they did preventitive work to the truck, under warranty, there just needs to be more time dedicated to working on my truck given that its already been almost a month. im just hoping this front diff is the root cause of my 4wd problems as it was never checked before. hopefully my next update has good news

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
new update

got a call from the service advisor this morning. he told me that management said it would take at least a month before they can start working on this issue with my truck. what the ****!??! it goes from being done on monday, to wont be looked at for a month. keep in mind they have had my truck for a month already. needless to say, im done. i found another dealer that can do it much faster. so in a little while im hopping on the bike and making the 5.5 hour trek up to riverton to pick up my truck which once again still has no 4wd. i am really pissed now. i tried to be patient, but at some point it runs out. everything good they have done, has been cancelled out by the fact that they dont want to look at for a month. its like they dont want to work on my truck anymore. this is absurd. now i have to pay another $100 deductible to another dealership to fix a problem that has been here since the beginning. **** im pissed

D

Deleted member 12951

You need to add to your expenses the extra cigarettes you have been smoking to help with your stress too.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
just got home from picking up the truck. they did manage to address the other issues, but i havent found water yet so lets see how that pans out. at least the starter works

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc