Wannabes are everywhere....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trugrit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was recently in Vieques PR (small island off the coast of Puerto Rico) and saw this STX with Raptor wheels. The guy was cleaning it almost everyday.

Attachments

• STX.jpg
    STX.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 175

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Personally I think they look good on there.

I'm totally cool with people putting Raptor parts on their F150s and such, just as long as they aren't trying to pass it off as a Raptor. That's sort of where I draw the line between creativity and wannabe.

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

I mean hell, I am going to be selling my stock bumper and skidplate when I get home, I don't care if it ends up on a regular F150 or not, lol.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks pretty good.
I would think that if I knew a Raptor owner that wanted aftermarket wheels and I had a F-150, I could get a nice deal for the stock Raptor wheels. I'd upgrade my F-150

OP
OP
trugrit

trugrit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe "Wannabe" wasn't the correct word. I was just suprised to see the wheels on a truck on an island that's only 21 miles long by 4 miles wide......
There were also two Lincoln trucks and a HD running around. The STX did look really nice.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe "Wannabe" wasn't the correct word. I was just suprised to see the wheels on a truck on an island that's only 21 miles long by 4 miles wide......
There were also two Lincoln trucks and a HD running around. The STX did look really nice.

My first thought was that he probably got them from the personal owner of a Raptor on the island or island in close proximity. Have you seen a Raptor on the island?

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spotted this old F1 rocking a look alike side vent last week.

OP
OP
trugrit

trugrit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't see any Raptors and we drove all over the island. Most of the roads are very narrow and I would think it would be difficult to get around. We had a Jeep Liberty rental and both sides had scratch marks down them due to the really narrow roads leading to the beaches. Though I kept thinking how much fun the slightly wider ones would be in my Raptor. Most of them were dirt/gravel, not very straight, with alot of craters......would have been great! :peace:

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if i was getting new wheels and keeping my tires, my brother in law had called dibs on mine for his 08 250 Harley.

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold my 2010 wheels to a guy with a silver Ecoboost SuperCrew, I think they looked good on that truck.

Like I've said before, we need to support these guys who want stock Raptor parts we can sell as we upgrade.