GEN 2 Wall of Shame Greedy FORD Dealers. Call them out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to think I am either cheap or broke because I thought I'd wait out the the crazy markups until sales slowed and prices came down - but I saw 4 new trucks on the street today alone. I still can't bring myself to pay the premium - did the markups drop recently or something? (In SoCal anyway)

I am with you. I feel broke in this crowd. When I see stuff like;

" I just got a new Raptor for 89,000.00 after trading in a 3 year old 60K truck and have 20K in mods ready to go on....":crazy:

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure that Ford Motor company monitors the Ford Raptor Forum to some extent. They are getting real feedback from actual Raptor customers and from future potential customers. It is a personal choice whether you choose to pay ADM or not. Im sure Ford doesn't like the negative P.R that comes with the greedy Dealers stock piling Raptors and buying up other reasonable Ford Dealers inventory. I would not be surprised one bit if these dealers end up getting their hand slapped and are given reduced allocations in the future.
The reason I started this thread was to expose them, so that you don't bother wasting your time with them if you are in close to the msrp market. Also, if you don't mind paying ADM up to 25k-30k you now have a nice list to choose from where they are available now..
ADM is strictly your choice to pay / play now. The 18s are right around the corner, so I'm pretty sure things will be softening up shortly. With very little research and a couple tips from other members I have found 3 dealers that will sell their 2018s at MSRP. I have the mentally, I don't have to have it right now. Also, I am a firm believer that 2nd year releases will be more refined and have some of the minor bugs worked out. All this being said, if I could of gotten one of the first 2017 delivered in 2016 at 5k ADM, I would of done it. But lets face we are in' April now and 2017 are going be old news in a few months.

Trust and believe they monitor the forums. This forum in particular gives you the biggest selection of feedback for the Raptor out of anywhere. They can see what people like, what they don't like, what mods are popular and what people want out of the next model year and what issues people are having. Ford had customer reps on the forum for a long time helping with issues we were having (myself included) but they got out while the getting was good before the launch of the 17' and haven't been signed in since.

Bart

Reaction score
Don't ever go to Mall of Georgia Ford, they put spacers on the wheels and add 15000 to the MSRP.

And as a bonus, they have been calling me 6 times a day for the last 2 weeks over if I wanted to buy their Ford raptor even when I told them that I already bought one...

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AutoNation Ford in Katy TX has a half dozen sitting on their lot (I've seen as many as 10) with 30 more in transit...everyone of them is 10k over and they won't budge off the price. They have apparently been buying up other dealers' allocations and delivered vehicles at MSRP and higher. Once they pay transport, they have little room to make money on them. Their pricing has really screwed up the market in the area.

Wrong. I purchased mine from there on 3/31 for 4K over.

5ddb3ce4deda5dd196b96ff8804f41a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrong. I purchased mine from there on 3/31 for 4K over.

I talked to them early March just before I bought mine and they said their sale price was $10k over -- no negotiations. I told them to call me if they were willing to come down to something around $4k. Never even got a call from them. Maybe the one you got was actually an allocation for them so they didn't need to make back the ADM they paid another dealer.

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to them early March just before I bought mine and they said their sale price was $10k over -- no negotiations. I told them to call me if they were willing to come down to something around $4k. Never even got a call from them. Maybe the one you got was actually an allocation for them so they didn't need to make back the ADM they paid another dealer.

They will do it.

Russel and smith 3800 over
Apple 3k over
Baytown 3k over
Joe Meyers 4K over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk