Wagner Intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just want to echo what Guy said in another thread regarding some of the available aftermarket intercoolers and share my personal experience.

I originally bought the MPT tune and Wagner intercooler to put on my 2018 raptor, but after some hiccups with the MPT tune on the 2018s with ACC I was beginning to second guess my decision. Regardless, they assured me the issues were resolved so I decided to go ahead and install the Wagner intercooler.

After hours struggling with the install due to poor instructions, such as completely leaving out steps and extra unneeded parts being included in the kit made for the raptor, I gave up and reinstalled the stock intercooler. I was so angry by the end of it that I returned both the MPT tune and the Wagner intercooler.

I ended up going with the Whipple Stage I kit and the install of the Whipple Mega Cooler was much easier. Sure, it may not cool quite as well (I honestly don't know) due to it not having the volume and surface area of the Wagner, but I don't think that is going to be an issue for me.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing like poor instructions to ruin a product and its install.

I think youll be fine with the Whipple.

I was looking into the MPT tune but they wont sell to me since I live in CA :(

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me whipple just made sense.

I’m not in Arizona. I’m not running Baja.
I’m not running big turbos.

The quality of their intercooler is higher than that of OEM. It’s top of the line.

Just want to echo what Guy said in another thread regarding some of the available aftermarket intercoolers and share my personal experience.

I originally bought the MPT tune and Wagner intercooler to put on my 2018 raptor, but after some hiccups with the MPT tune on the 2018s with ACC I was beginning to second guess my decision. Regardless, they assured me the issues were resolved so I decided to go ahead and install the Wagner intercooler.

After hours struggling with the install due to poor instructions, such as completely leaving out steps and extra unneeded parts being included in the kit made for the raptor, I gave up and reinstalled the stock intercooler. I was so angry by the end of it that I returned both the MPT tune and the Wagner intercooler.

I ended up going with the Whipple Stage I kit and the install of the Whipple Mega Cooler was much easier. Sure, it may not cool quite as well (I honestly don't know) due to it not having the volume and surface area of the Wagner, but I don't think that is going to be an issue for me.

OP
OP
Obscure

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. The fit and finish of the Whipple Mega Cooler is top notch.