Vortech Supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bluoval1118

Bluoval1118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should be on the marker with in the next couple months. They are making changes to the kit that are needed if you intend to use the truck to its full potential. I will be able to get kits very cheap and hook up who ever is interested in one. I will no pricing on them later.

OP
OP
Bluoval1118

Bluoval1118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I picked the truck up from Vortech last weekend and I must say I am very pleased. I have had a chance to take it off road and on the highway. She screams down the highway and still drives like stock. I am taking it back to them so they can make revisions to the set up and change a few things on the tune. Just thought I would provide some feed back for those that are interested in the kit.

Coolhand5599

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how to upload the photo that was sent to my phone from the guys at Vortech so I uploaded it to my album on my profile. That photo was in the mock up stage but it should give some insight. I was told the blower should support 750 hp. Enjoy!

Getting a blower to support 750hp is no problem at all. The problem is, will the motor support it? I have a 2011 Vette with over 700hp on the stock motor. It is not reccomended, but it has held up well. I beat the **** out of it with no problems. YET

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can already see design issues with their build. Go figure, it is the way that they do shit. If I go this route instead of the Whipple, I will wait for the finished product then bring it home and start the modification process. In the meantime, I can start on the brakes, exhaust and suspension mods.

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whipple all the way, proven track record and instant boost. Got to love it.

OP
OP
Bluoval1118

Bluoval1118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can already see design issues with their build. Go figure, it is the way that they do shit. If I go this route instead of the Whipple, I will wait for the finished product then bring it home and start the modification process. In the meantime, I can start on the brakes, exhaust and suspension mods.

What issues are you looking at? There are a few that are going to be addressed. They are going to redesign the whole system. It was rushed just for the SEMA show. I only have the truck right now because they wanted me to enjoy it for a lil bit before I deploy. They will have the truck all of next year but it will not take nearly as long to redesign. It has instant boost when i step on it but they are going to work on the tune and a few other things. I can't complain about the system or any of the blowers I have gotten from them. They are great products.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What issues are you looking at? There are a few that are going to be addressed. They are going to redesign the whole system. It was rushed just for the SEMA show. I only have the truck right now because they wanted me to enjoy it for a lil bit before I deploy. They will have the truck all of next year but it will not take nearly as long to redesign. It has instant boost when i step on it but they are going to work on the tune and a few other things. I can't complain about the system or any of the blowers I have gotten from them. They are great products.

All the rubber connections. More solid tubing, less pieces of plastic to come apart and cause unmetered air from getting in (had it happen on the track repeatedly, catching air, bouncing through the desert will cause it to happen more). I am also not a fan of the plastic tubing. Needs to be metal to hold up. This is what we did with my Terlingua (Paxton/Vortech) and got 2# more boost from moving the MAS **** and removing all the kinks they had in the set up.

As you said, this was rushed and they are already planning for fixes so I will quit being critical of it and wait for the finished product. Enjoy your truck and the setup! It looks fantastic!