Viper smart start vs ford remote access

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer installed the viper system, seems to only work about 25% of the time. I'm sure this is no fault of the dealer, it's the app in general. Has anyone tried the ford system with the iphone app? Wondering if it's any better.

--job.

D

Deleted member 12951

Yep, I had the dealer install the Ford one. I has not worked once but I think it was more so the coverage where I was. Once I had better, started up no problem. Its a basic system though.

Juncle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the viper - I use the app 2 or 3 times a week and it works 97% of the time - I am normally in areas with pretty good cell coverage

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the viper son my last truck and it worked great never had a problem. Also isn't ford coming out with a new system.

OP
OP
J

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I must just be having phone issues. Going to install in my ipad and try.

--John

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a part number for the upgraded Ford Remote start using an app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a quote from my dealer yesterday to install the ford/iphone system in two trucks and it was 600/truck. I already have the factory remote start in both but liked the idea of being able to lock and unlock with the phone in case of lost keys...

not sure its worth the $1,200

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me rephrase. What is the best option to improve/replace the current factory remote start range. I really don't want an extra key fob. Would like to use an iPhone app and would like to install myself. Don't need a full blown alarm. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk