USB Flash Drive vs. Mp3 player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a 120gb iPod classic that I kept in the center console on my '13. Not wanting to buy a new iPod been thinking about this route and just leaving it in there.

Anyone have any problems with their music being in AAC (iTunes) format?

I have used a 120gb and a 160gb ipod classics in both an 11 and a 12 F150. It takes a while to index all the songs when plugged into the usb port. then tells you that you cannot use voice commands but it would play the songs and you could use the steering wheel controls. If you left it plugged in during re-starts of the truck it would eventually screwup the ipod or sync or both. When using the classic ipods I preferred using an aux cable and controlling everything on the ipod itself, not as high tech but it worked better that way for me and I had access to thousands of songs instead of a few hundred.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Great mod

I have the 32GB micro cruiser and love it! It will hold thousands of songs and being so small it is almost imposible to hit while in the usb port unlike a full size flash drive. I have a 500GB passport hard drive in the glove box with a cable to the second usb port and I like the cruiser better since the cable sometimes gets knocked on the passport and loses connection. I have one installed in my 2013 Hyundia Veloster (yes I own a Veloster&Raptor) and the usb port is right above the center console were I keep my change and was always hitting the full size drive but have never hit the cruiser.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's simply stupid you can't copy from USB to the local hard drive. In my 2008 Jeep SRT8 I could just copy the music from the USB to the radio and remove the USB. None of this leaving it plugged in all the time crap.