Upfitter switch issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badjk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 raptor and tried to wire up lights this weekend and my wires are not getting power. I have looked at everything possible (fuses, other set of wires, etc). Any ideas would be helpful before I have to go to the dealer...

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you tested both bundles to ground with truck turned on and got no power anywhere....then sounds like dealer visit.

heffneil

Reaction score
I have a 2017 raptor and tried to wire up lights this weekend and my wires are not getting power. I have looked at everything possible (fuses, other set of wires, etc). Any ideas would be helpful before I have to go to the dealer...

Are you sure you have the right bundles? Also you sure the switches and the truck are on?

You check power at the fuses?

Maybe some pics.

OP
OP

1badjk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well truck is at the dealership. They can’t figure it out either, apparently they called ford who recommended checking all the wiring so they are tracing all of the wiring through the firewall and headboard to look for a crimped or cut wire...hopefully they will fix it soon

OP
OP

1badjk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem solved!

Apparently whatever person put my truck together at the factory left out the power wire that makes the switches work. It ran from headliner all the way to fuse block in engine. Hopefully they didn’t leave any other wires out....

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem solved!

Apparently whatever person put my truck together at the factory left out the power wire that makes the switches work. It ran from headliner all the way to fuse block in engine. Hopefully they didn’t leave any other wires out....

That's a pretty big "oops" lol

RamonaRaptor1

Reaction score
Please Help with Aux Switch 2

Hi all, I installed 2 pairs of LED fog lights that use Aux 1 and 2. Aux 1 works fine but Aux 2 does not turn the lights on.

1) Light circuits are fine, both light up independently when connected to Aux 1
2) 15A with voltmeter at position 12 with Aux 1 switch on. No power at position 55 with switch 2 on.
3) The switch lights work when flipped to the on position.
4) Avoiding Aux 2 and placing on Aux 3 lights up but blows fuse at 10A.

Could I have a broken Aux 2 switch or was a wire left out? Not sure why it doesn't have power. Is there a guide to take apart the upfitter switch panel?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF

There is a rudimentary guide in the Raptor supplement, but it’s more or less just what colors wires go to the respective switches.

When you power on the truck, turn on aux 2, does the aux 2 lead in the engine compartment have power? I read what you did to troubleshoot, but we need to understand if the up fitter lead is getting power.

If not, check the fuse, if the fuse is good, you have a dealer concern.

RamonaRaptor1

Reaction score
Thank you for the response. This is a great resource to all Raptor enthusiasts.

No, the auxiliary lead that's associated with Aux 2 does not have power when the engine or accessories are on. I've checked the fuse in position 55 and it's one of those class M type. Since it was the same as the one in position 12 (Aux 1), I swapped it and still had no power in Aux 2 lead. That's when I decided to pull the fuse and check the fuse box terminal with a voltmeter. No power.