Undercover Flex locking clasps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7raptor

Reaction score
Undercover Flex locking clasps - PROBLEM?

I just installed the undercover flex on my 2014.

The fit and finish is top notch and it looks great.

One glaring problem:

The white locking clasps that secure each section of the cover into the flat "locked" position seem pretty janky. The male locking pieces don't fit all the way into the locking female sections. One side definitely has a more snug closure than the other, but the cover is totally centered. Don't think it's going anywhere, but I want to know if anyone has a similar issue? Seems like a ripper would have no trouble breaking into it if they knew that the covers had bad clasps.

I can post pics if needed when it's light outside.

Last edited:

Shortbusdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I centered my cover as well and then loosened the clips themselves and moved them out so that they would get a better bite on the side rails. I think one side had a good bite but the other side needed to be moved. I have to pull the cable quite a bit now to get them to release, should be a lot harder for someone to get it open without access to the cable.

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure the clamps are on correctly: Check the bottom part of the clamp and make sure all clamps are using the same "notch" (there are two notches). Also, you may need to slightly raise or lower the rails to make the cover work correctly.