UCA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iochd

Reaction score
Am about to order a set of Kings for each corner for the recent addition and plan to run a set of 37 BFG's on the stock headlock rims with deavers on rear
Can anyone recommend a good brand of UCA ( I had cognitio's on a GM and they were well engineered but don't seem to be available for the Gen 2)
Also appreciate advice on +2 or +3 dealers as I intend to preload front to level off

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+3 for sure with the front up +2-2.5 it will give you the little rake that is needed when you put gear or something in the bed. I really like my rpg uca with heims.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am about to order a set of Kings for each corner for the recent addition and plan to run a set of 37 BFG's on the stock headlock rims with deavers on rear
Can anyone recommend a good brand of UCA ( I had cognitio's on a GM and they were well engineered but don't seem to be available for the Gen 2)
Also appreciate advice on +2 or +3 dealers as I intend to preload front to level off

I got my Kings and UCA from Rogue as they have a deal no one could beat. I have Kings, HEIM UCA, Deaver +3, King bumps. +3 if you have a rack in the back and will load up.

Get the SVC frame cut bumper and rack and it's a desert machine.

Attachments

• IMG_6319.jpg
    IMG_6319.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 109

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stock offset wheels with 37" tires is going to be a tall order. Camburg has some control arms that will work with factory wheels but they won't work with 37s.

You're most likely going to need to change wheels if you want bigger tires and aftermarket UCAs.

https://camburg.com/shop/suspension/camburg-ford-raptor-2017-performance-1-25-uniball-upper-arms/

Also, these, and most of the aftermarket arms that would work with stock wheels, don't allow for alignment changes, which, combined with a slot delete kit, is basically the only reason to get aftermarket UCAs, other than bling.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's interesting, I didn't know the billet arms would work with OEM wheels and stock sized tires. Good option.

Rogue Racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rogue Racing is offering two packages for Gen 2 Raptors that include front and rear OEM replacement King shocks and a set of Rogue Racing bushing or heim UCAs. Both packages include free shipping in the continental US.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

I got my Kings and UCA from Rogue as they have a deal no one could beat. I have Kings, HEIM UCA, Deaver +3, King bumps. +3 if you have a rack in the back and will load up.

Get the SVC frame cut bumper and rack and it's a desert machine.

Nice suspension Curt!

BrianR

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Anyone care to educate me on the advantages of replacement UCAs other than alignment options and awesome looks?
Is there a performance advantage?

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Gentlemen,
Anyone care to educate me on the advantages of replacement UCAs other than alignment options and awesome looks?
Is there a performance advantage?

The amount of travel that is gained is minimal so that alone doesn't necessarily justify the expense. Most aftermarket UCA will increase Caster over spec which is beneficial when off-roading by allowing the steering wheel to come to center easier/quicker. Its stronger than stock which is always good and the ability to lock the lowers if you have adjustable UCA as you pointed out. Other than that, yes pure bling goodness.

We sell the Rogue and RPG Billet that will work with stock wheels but be careful when you air down as the tire can rub some depending how low you go. For winter areas and just a great overall good UCA, get the ICON Delta Joint (rubs some on full lock with stock). It is nice to be able to make adjustments without having to remove the UCA and the Delta Joint is a sealed unit to help against the environmentally conditions. The stock wheel is +34mm offset and most aftermarket UCA's work best with as close to 0mm offset and 5" backspacing.

Be happy to quote any product.