GEN 2 turbos and oil catch cans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mwzuke

Reaction score
Catch Can Install

I installed the McNally. I chose to mount it on the firewall and only drilled a single hole on the airbox for fresh air to the oil filler cap. everything was plug and play simple install.
for those that don't think that its needed on this engine pull your PVC line and see how much oil drips out. Its needed!

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the UPR can today fairly easily. Seems like a quality setup, which it should be for what it costs.

I don't like the fact that you can't use the engine cover though. (I didn't realize that before I bought it.)

The clean line goes right where the stud for the cover is or I think I could make it work with a little bit of trimming on the cover. I am going to call them and see if they will send me a new hose without the right angle bend there.

I am at 1.6k miles going to do my next oil change at 3k. We'll see what shows up then.

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the UPR can today fairly easily. Seems like a quality setup, which it should be for what it costs.

I don't like the fact that you can't use the engine cover though. (I didn't realize that before I bought it.)

The clean line goes right where the stud for the cover is or I think I could make it work with a little bit of trimming on the cover. I am going to call them and see if they will send me a new hose without the right angle bend there.

I am at 1.6k miles going to do my next oil change at 3k. We'll see what shows up then.

Definitely follow-up with what they say. I've been holding off till more feedback on installs like this.

Having to leave the cover off is unacceptable to me. Maybe hoses were swapped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did you figure out the deal with the engine cover?

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you figure out the deal with the engine cover?

I know what the deal is. The hose lays right on top of the stud and because of the right angle attachment there's no other way to route the hose, except flipped to the other side and that didn't work either.

I have not called them yet because I just installed it yesterday.

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what the deal is. The hose lays right on top of the stud and because of the right angle attachment there's no other way to route the hose, except flipped to the other side and that didn't work either.

I have not called them yet because I just installed it yesterday.

Damn... I have the UPR kit but have not installed it yet. I did notice in the instructions it does not say to reinstall the engine cover at the end...I researched YouTube and only find install videos for regular f150 ecoboosts and they have the cover reinstalled after. But there is none posted yet for the raptor. I was hoping maybe you had the hose reversed or something and that's why it didn't fit. I am not going to install mine if I can not fit the engine cover back on. That's rediculous that they have not designed it to fit right. Wtf

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's possible they just sent me the wrong hose, or the check valves are pointed the wrong direction. I will call them in a little bit.

Check out your kit, if the lines with check valves have 90 degree attachments on the end where the arrow is pointing to, you will have the same problem.

Honestly, I would still go ahead and install it. It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to replace the hose later, and I'd rather be catching that gunk than having a pretty engine cover. In a perfect world, I'd have both, but results come first.

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey foo. I called UPR. They said you should def be able to get cover back on... after checking my hoses It appears your check valve might have been installed backwards. The straight connector with the yellow tab should be the one connected under engine cover. Here's a pic of mine. Hard to tell from the pic but the arrow is pointing toward the yellow tab connector

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 49

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 2 hoses swapped. That hose seemed too long for the clean connection. Thanks for the pic!

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

I will say, I think it sounds better with the cover off.

There's a little more intake growl and the turbos are much louder.