Tuning question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i run the 5 Star with stock intake, the benefits are tremendous even without any other bolt on parts. however, if you do intake/exhaust combo you will take the next step in what 5 Star can unleash.

jimmyazz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify I can install the tune myself in my driveway correct? My friends dad was telling me it has to be professionally installed and then dynod but I feel like he's full of shit. I got the 5 star tune

banman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify I can install the tune myself in my driveway correct? My friends dad was telling me it has to be professionally installed and then dynod but I feel like he's full of shit. I got the 5 star tune

Yeah, you can do it in your driveway, just follow the directions. There are other types of tunes, so he is not technically incorrect. Some tunes require the ECU to be taken out, and "flashed" and then they put them on the dyno to maximize the gains. The tune for our truck is just a handheld programmer that connects to under the dash to the computer and reprograms that way. Easy as can be.

banman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I had a built date of TODAY as of last week, then they bumped it to next monday (3/25) and I called today and they said 3/26. Hopefully it doesnt get dealyed any longer :/ Hoping early April.