Tuning and Ford Dealerships

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisMcP05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I have a 2020 raptor with cobb stage 2 setup (Intercooler, intake, tune, tcm). How reliable have others found their raptor to be when tuned? Any major issues or common issues that arise / fix for such issues?

Also in Pennsylvania near Philly - anyone know Ford dealers that are light-tuner friendly?

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cobb is a good safe choice. If you desire a little more give @GooseTuned a shout. You've already committed so just enjoy and be prepared to deal with any consequences. That being said, I took my truck to the dealership for the first time to have the cam phasers replaced and the dealership re-installed my GooseTune when they were finished. Not all stealerships are *****.

OP
OP
ChrisMcP05

ChrisMcP05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cobb is a good safe choice. If you desire a little more give @GooseTuned a shout. You've already committed so just enjoy and be prepared to deal with any consequences. That being said, I took my truck to the dealership for the first time to have the cam phasers replaced and the dealership re-installed my GooseTune when they were finished. Not all stealerships are *****.
Thanks for the info- I actually spoke a lot with @GooseTuned and plan on getting his map. Is your dealership in PA? I always uninstall prior to dropping it at the dealer and remove the device.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Thank you!

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info- I actually spoke a lot with @GooseTuned and plan on getting his map. Is your dealership in PA? I always uninstall prior to dropping it at the dealer and remove the device.

I'm in Kansas. I thought I had uninstalled it but it wasn't, so not the experience I intended but it worked out for me.

GhostRHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used Cobb, on multiple vehicles and find them super reliable. A custom tune would be even more so, considering the cobb tune is OTS, and custom would actually be more reliable and more then likely significantly more power.
I don't know any dealers near philly unfortuantely but my dealer here in Va, has been super friendlly towards mods.

Graybeard

Reaction score
The only issue I would keep in mind on a stock engine might be watching for turbo over speed. If you are pushing boost, this can become an issue.

Since you aren't doing fuel system modifications, you can easily "remove AccessPORT" and go back to stock for a dealership run.

I would also highly recommend Winfield. He won't steer you wrong.