Trip to Mammoth Lakes, California blizzard conditions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ashleyg

Reaction score
Took a trip to the Sierra's (Mammoth Mountain, California) on Monday, was an absolute white out with blizzard conditions. Raptor 37 was phenomenal in the snow (4A), couldn't be more happy with the KO2's as well. The area got 37-35 inches early in the week with almost 22 feet of snow for the season. Thank god for the poles on the roadside for guidance! No chains obviously.....ever, R2 conditions

Attachments

• IMG_1482.JPG
    IMG_1482.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 293

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve done that drive before in white out conditions. Took forever, stuck behind a plow. The good thing about the drive to mammoth from SoCal, there isn’t a ton of mountain driving.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The BFG K0s have treated me well also 12"+ of fresh snow isn't too much of a problem. Anythig more and my axle starts to drag. I would recomend Baja Design XL Pro amber wide angle - they offer a 20% dimming feature which work well in fog or dust if mounted low and at 100% - light up the side of the road well enough slow for off road diving. Also yellow reverse lights so you won't get rear ended in white out conditions or in a dust trail.