Trim LED Strip/Bar Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a very niche lighting application that I was looking for some help on if possible. I recently installed a new front bumper with two amber led light strips as accent lighting. They look fine but was hoping for something either more sleek or more useful. The openings are very thin and an oddly specific width, at around 0.6" tall and around 10.5" wide. Does anyone have any ideas for light bars or strips that would fit here? I assume there won't be any "functional" bars that are that small. Are there any accent lighting options around that size that are brighter or have more uniform distribution or both?

I have attached a photo of the bumper. The lights I am talking about are on the outer wings.

Thanks in advance.

20200901_130828.jpg

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most companies make a 10" single row light bar. The Baja Designs S8 would look good back there with its amber backlighting and they produce very good light. But at 1.6" tall, sounds like it's a bit too tall. Rigid has the SR series 10" light bars. Again great light output and quality, but it's 1.125" tall

We even checked some of the off brand lights that we carry and the thinnest one we could find was just over an inch tall.

Bumper looks familiar, what brand is it? And like you said, maybe just a flexible LED strip that you can cut to size is the best bet. Let us know what you find!

OP
OP
S

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. This is relatively uncommon bumper that is made by Innovative Creations/ICI. The company basically got out of the aftermarket bumper business and still exists in some form as stainless steel accessories. I got this bumper for a pretty great deal as a former employee had new old stock he was clearing out, but has its quirks. Forces you to have fogs in the bumper, but the cutouts basically force you to use rigid pods and don't really let you aim them low enough to be used on the road with SAE fogs.

Thank you ORA for doing the research in what you have. I was afraid of that. I could theoretically mount the BD or Rigid bars from the backside and try to seal it to avoid significant spill over to prevent an under glow type look. Kind of seems like a waste of good lights though. I saw Diode Dynamics HD LED strips that look good but seem to be designed to be in sealed applications away from weather.

Thanks all for your help. I know I probably won't get exactly what I want, but appreciate the options.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Honestly, I’d either break out the reciprocating saw, or just drill into the bumper and put squadrons on the top of it.

OP
OP
S

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I found some trim strips from The Retrofit Source with their silicone sleeves that I could use. But I tend to agree that functional lights are significantly more desirable, not that I don't have enough already ;). Now to make a decision.