Transmission squeal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Todays update.

The dealer got a new black one in and it was making the noise as well. Either way all ford tells my sercive manager is that they are aware of it. Thats it.
I talked with my service manager today and he was fine with letting Crystal work her magic on this.
I have sent this to Crystal with Ford Service and I will update everyone with the status on this as it happens.

Rockyot

Reaction score
Intake whistling

Tbone21 I have 14 Screw with same whistling sound. Windows open or closed still hear the noise and am annoyed by it. thanks for heading this up I'm in SoCal

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need everyone to contact their dealr that has this issue. I got called my ford customer service friday.
The lady was nice and said it has been sent to engineering. Thats all she was able to send. She said if there is a trend then they will do something about it. I was nice but emphasized that I dont care if its one truck or 100,000 trucks, my truck makes that noise and its embarrassing. She will be checking in with me I think in a few weeks. I wish everyone that had a 2014 Raptor would go for a ride with the windows down and listen for it. It won't be hard to miss. If they have the issue which they probably will then please alert the dealer so we can get Ford to get busy.
I am still going to pursue this and will keep everyone up to date as it happens. I told the lady at Ford that the truck isnt hurt and runs fine, I just dont like a truck that whistles better than me and we need to shut it up. =) I told her that I will give ford some time to figure this out and would like it fixed within 90 days. I think thats resonable.

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Todays update.

Ford customer service told me there is nothing on this still. Engineering is aware of it and thats all that she knows. I called the dealer and he says the same thing.
I guess Ford has no idea how to fi it at this point. As soon as something happens I will let you guys know.

VMR

Reaction score
Every 6.2 truck ( raptor and multiple super duty's at work) I've driven makes this noise if you rev it. Not what I would call an issue????? It is just the quick rush of air past the throttle blade. Ford is not gonna do a damn thing about this so don't hold your breath. I've heard this same sound on 5.4 triton V8 e-series vans as well. The beast is just sucking in air.

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 didn't do this at all. Just FYI.

Anyways so far Ford has not done anything about it. All they say is that they are aware of the problem. All they would do it give me the extended warranty for free. I appreciate it but that doesn't fix my issue.
For now ford is quiet on this issue.

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 didn't do this at all. Just FYI.

Anyways so far Ford has not done anything about it. All they say is that they are aware of the problem. All they would do it give me the extended warranty for free. I appreciate it but that doesn't fix my issue.
For now ford is quiet on this issue.

I have a 2014 Raptor with the same issue. I noticed it day 1, when I drove it home. It is loud and does it badly. At first I thought it was the fan belt, but that isnt the cause. Quick hits on the throttle cause the noise, yes. Chirp, Chirp. Stab the throttle, hear a chirp. I could live with that, its not terrible. I had a Tacoma that did the same thing when you stabbed the throttle.

The larger issue here is the longer more pronounced squeal. When driving, doesnt matter what gear, giving the truck a consistent amount of throttle causes the noise and its long term. Im talking about giving it enough throttle to consistently drive at speeds of 20 - 40 mph. If you hold the throttle in this position it will squeal the whole time. It will not stop until you either lesson throttle, or apply more. It sounds like an old junker and its extremely frustrating. Combine this with the squeaking from the rear leaf springs and tail gate and this trunk sounds like $hit.

I refuse to take it to Ford. That will only result in me taking time off work and my truck getting a nice long sun bath, and probably a few new scratches. No thanks.

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 Raptor with the same issue. I noticed it day 1, when I drove it home. It is loud and does it badly. At first I thought it was the fan belt, but that isnt the cause. Quick hits on the throttle cause the noise, yes. Chirp, Chirp. Stab the throttle, hear a chirp. I could live with that, its not terrible. I had a Tacoma that did the same thing when you stabbed the throttle.

The larger issue here is the longer more pronounced squeal. When driving, doesnt matter what gear, giving the truck a consistent amount of throttle causes the noise and its long term. Im talking about giving it enough throttle to consistently drive at speeds of 20 - 40 mph. If you hold the throttle in this position it will squeal the whole time. It will not stop until you either lesson throttle, or apply more. It sounds like an old junker and its extremely frustrating. Combine this with the squeaking from the rear leaf springs and tail gate and this trunk sounds like $hit.

I refuse to take it to Ford. That will only result in me taking time off work and my truck getting a nice long sun bath, and probably a few new scratches. No thanks.

Yes sir your absolutely correct on this. Ford has not sent anything back on mine and the ticket has been open for over 6 months at the dealer.
I didn't explain well why its annoying and thank you for telling about holding the throttle at one position going down the road.
I dont car about the chirp sitting in the parking lot. I was just trying to replicate it on video. The major annoyance is going down the road. Sounds like a belt is slipping real bad. It is loud. I wish there was something in the aftermarket that will solve this.

cgibs89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every single vehicle I have owned makes this whistle sound. It's the throttlebody opening and air rushing in. My 1999 Grand Prix GT made this sound, my 2006 GTO made this sound, and my '12 5.0 made this sound on acceleration/giving the vehicle gas.

It's normal.