Transmission range multifunction select circuit stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjslat

Reaction score
I have no idea WTF that means but my upshifts have been either stalling briefly in a couple gears periodically or most recently a violent jerk of an upshift under mild/moderate throttle.
I called FP and gave them my VIN and sure enough they see an error code (below) when the most recent incident was. Curious if anyone here has any idea what this means, obviously need a dealer visit but I'm curious how urgent it is and how long I'll be without the truck.
Full code they gave me.
Transmission range multifunction select circuit stuck module gsm dtc p07ed ft9f sb28
Have about 1300 miles so far, no off road miles yet.

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Solenoids in valve bodies may be having trouble. Might be as simple as a software update. Im not a Ford Tech, but have lunched one transmission. Still the best truck available.

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea WTF that means but my upshifts have been either stalling briefly in a couple gears periodically or most recently a violent jerk of an upshift under mild/moderate throttle.
I called FP and gave them my VIN and sure enough they see an error code (below) when the most recent incident was. Curious if anyone here has any idea what this means, obviously need a dealer visit but I'm curious how urgent it is and how long I'll be without the truck.
Full code they gave me.
Transmission range multifunction select circuit stuck module gsm dtc p07ed ft9f sb28
Have about 1300 miles so far, no off road miles yet.
Did you have any lights on the dash or just unusual shifting? I’m at 1500 miles and get some harsh shifts at times the last two days. FP could just see a stored code by you calling them with your VIN?

OP
OP
jjslat

jjslat

Reaction score
No lights on the dash, only the weird shifting. When I called FP they looked up the VIN and saw an error that had thrown 20 minutes before, guess it updates pretty fast.
@tooldrmr2009 on here was also able to look up my VIN and see the errors, he offered more context than FP did with a message.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DTC P07ED:9F indicates that the Gearshift Module (GSM) shift interlock button is stuck. The DTC sets when 2 or more of the contacts have been closed for a predetermined period of time. This DTC will set If the customer continuously presses the shift interlock button.

If you’re not holding the button and the button isn’t sticking, the most likely cause is a faulty GSM, which is the shifter assembly.

Haletwin23

Reaction score
I have an error message that pops on my dash drive control fault, can’t change drive modes, steering feel, or dampener feel. I have about 1300 miles on my gen 3. Dealer can’t take a look for a few weeks apparently. Any ideas what the issue could be?