Transmission issue with slipping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mooner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been having some issues with what seems like a slipping of the transmission when cold. It just started happening. I only have 5234 miles on my truck and it happens shifting in the 2,3,4 gears. I give it more throttle to get going because it feels like nothings there then all of a sudden it shifts down and breaks tires loose. Hopefully this is only because of cold weather because it goes away after truck gets warmed up. JUST CURIOUS IF ANY OF YOU GUYS HAVE HAD THIS HAPPEN. THANKS

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine has done this a couple times on real cold morning. It feels like it doesn't want to get going & then about a mile down the road it good to go.

My truck has almost 30K and I don't recall it having this problem 1st 2 years, but it was garage kept the 1st year, & last winter wasn't that cold.

OP
OP
M

Mooner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replying I got my truck in January of 13 so this is the second winter and didn't notice it last year so just figured it was just the cold. I was just wondering if similar issue for others. Yes letting it warm up prevents the slipping just didn't know if anyone had taken theirs to a dealer . Thanks

Reaction score
I've had this issue a couple of times when my truck was REALLY cold (0 degree mornings). After warm up the issue disappears so I put it down to really cold weather.