Trans Tune Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
whats wrong with the Trans tune asides from the price? I had no issues with it.

cobb was one of the first outfits to offer tunes for the gen 2 Raptor. I was new to Ford/Raptors in general- but thought it odd a mainly Japanese/euro affiliated company would be first on scene w/ a tune for a domestic truck- I guess it made sense in a way b/c of the ttV6.

THEN I found out what they were offering all along was “1/2 a tune” & charging equivalent to full price. I’ve had plenty of vehicles w/ canned tunes up to full blown custom dyno tunes w/ street tuning as a follow up.

based on my experience, w/ an automatic tranny vehicle, I wouldn’t even BOTHER w/ a tune that didn’t adjust the tranny....but a TEN speed?!? Fuhgetaboutit! The shift torque, shift points, etc are all intrinsic to the actual (not perceived) performance of the vehicle. The left hand wasn’t talking to the right. Cobb wouldn’t back shit up w/ an actual before/after 1/4 mile time. More power on dyno doesn’t always translate to equally improved performance on the street when the tranny is shifting lazily based on factory parameters.

So after charging a bunch of owners a lot of money for a 1/2 ass tune they come back years later & say “hey we got a trans tune now, come pay us again to get a full tune & full price a 2nd time”

outta principle it’s BS

Livernois, MPT, Gearhead & others have much more lineage & reputation tuning domestic vehicles & tuning automatic transmissions in particular.

if I had a stick shift Sti? I’d give cobb a call, that’s bout it.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cobb was one of the first outfits to offer tunes for the gen 2 Raptor. I was new to Ford/Raptors in general- but thought it odd a mainly Japanese/euro affiliated company would be first on scene w/ a tune for a domestic truck- I guess it made sense in a way b/c of the ttV6.

THEN I found out what they were offering all along was “1/2 a tune” & charging equivalent to full price. I’ve had plenty of vehicles w/ canned tunes up to full blown custom dyno tunes w/ street tuning as a follow up.

based on my experience, w/ an automatic tranny vehicle, I wouldn’t even BOTHER w/ a tune that didn’t adjust the tranny....but a TEN speed?!? Fuhgetaboutit! The shift torque, shift points, etc are all intrinsic to the actual (not perceived) performance of the vehicle. The left hand wasn’t talking to the right. Cobb wouldn’t back shit up w/ an actual before/after 1/4 mile time. More power on dyno doesn’t always translate to equally improved performance on the street when the tranny is shifting lazily based on factory parameters.

So after charging a bunch of owners a lot of money for a 1/2 ass tune they come back years later & say “hey we got a trans tune now, come pay us again to get a full tune & full price a 2nd time”

outta principle it’s BS

Livernois, MPT, Gearhead & others have much more lineage & reputation tuning domestic vehicles & tuning automatic transmissions in particular.

if I had a stick shift Sti? I’d give cobb a call, that’s bout it.
Thats just bad business ethnics. but there is nothing wrong with their tune. I complained a lot when they first released their trans tune.. but eventually i still bought it.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea idk been running the Cobb stage2 setup after switching from MPT(after issues) for 30k miles now and it has been so much better.

Looking forward to getting rid of this crappy NGauge unit that has been sitting in my garage this long [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc