Tranny fluid leaking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

killswitch engage

Reaction score
I noticed after a drive yesterday that there is red fluid (tranny?) leaking on the very front of the frame rail on the drivers side.

It almost looks like it's leaking from somewhere by the rad corner.

Is there a tranny cooling line that runs there? I'm guessing from the deep red color it's transmission fluid. I noticed it when I lifted the hood and it's not farther back on the frame rail behind the radiator, just on the front and below the radiator corner.

Thanks.

EDIT: Think I just answered my own question. Found a picture showing the tranny coolant lines.

Attachments

• 190388326.jpg
    190388326.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its a deep red it most likely trans fluid. Get it on your fingers, if its real slimy and sticky its coolant.

just trace the lines if possible with a light and with your hands to find the leak.

OP
OP
K

killswitch engage

Reaction score
Just an update.

I should have looked up, waaaay up. It was the power steering fluid reservoir leaking at the bottom hose. Clamp was loose. New clamp, some fluid and I'm good to go.

Thanks guys!