Train Horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have my compressor on an upfitter. I did it just in case a leak ever develops without me knowing. I don't want the compressor turning on while the truck is parked, possibly draining the battery.

My compressor/tank combo, is mounted between the front frame horns. The gauge is visible by glancing through the gaps in the grill. I take a look at it every time I jump in the truck in the morning...gotta walk past the grill anyway.

Attachments

• uruhe6e3.jpg
    uruhe6e3.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wire it up so it only gets power with ignition. Won't run the compressor(s) unless the key is on

It all comes down to personal preference. I didn't want the compressor needlessly running whether it was wired to a switch, the ignition, or the battery. At least with the switch, it only gets power when I say it can get power.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have it on a switch that runs off switched power and I like to have the gauge just because I like to know whats going on with it. U can tell if u have a slow leak or not

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Mtnclymer

Reaction score
Attached my gauge to the tank underneath the truck. My compressor is wired into my upfitter switch (#2). Once I leave the house I flip the switch to top off the tank if it is needed. That way it is always full, you never know when you are going to see some punk kid walking along the road or some little old lady checking the mailbox. Got to be ready....

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do y'all disconnect the factory horn too or just have the factory and air horn blare at the same time?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
We have our train horn operate on an aux switch. So we always have both individually.