Trailer wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bman

Reaction score
Could someone please tell me how to install trailer wiring on my 2011 screw?
I have the bracket on the bumper but nothing else. Have looked for a wiring harness to plug into but can't find this either. Id appreciate it if someone could tell me how to do it or give me a link to this. Thank you in advance.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i thought they all came with the wiring harness and when you added the tow package, then it gave you the trailer brake control

OP
OP
B

bman

Reaction score
I have trailer brake control on the dash. I also have the mounting bracket on the bumper.
There just isn't anything in the bracket, and I can't seem to find an empty plug where I can plug in a 4 or 7 prong trailer connector socket under the truck.

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post a picture. you just open the flap and you have a female straight plug and a round plug.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have the trailer brake controller, you have everything.
If you are missing the receptacle and wiring, someone removed it.

OP
OP
B

bman

Reaction score
it's just an empty receptacle. sorry I can't post a picture but there is no flap to open and find the plug. To PropDr. I'm thinking the same thing, I can replace the receptacles, the question is where to connect them? I did notice wires going to a small square box (for lack of a better term) on top of the cross member above the spare tire. Could this be the connecter I'm looking for? It's like a dead end. There is a plug with I think five wires going in and nothing coming out.
It looks like there may be a flat black cover over the other side. Will have to remove the spare and get up in there to see. was wondering if anyone for sure knows what this is.