Traction Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
The diesel-drag guys use 4-hi all the time at the strip, and I have never heard of front driveline failure. Lots of transmissions and the occasional engine, but not t-cases or front axles.

You're kidding right......

Watch the grey truck...........

OP
OP
P

Phil_A.

Reaction score
Here here, I found a picture!

e-thug.jpg

I'm not (and I don't believe that anyone else is, either) being an Internet Tough Guy. Shit, I just want to make sure that the RIGHT information is put out there!

OK, so I just took the liberty to take my happy ass out to the garage of my beautiful home that houses the beast called the Raptor, and grabbed my FACTORY OWNERS GUIDE for the 2011 Ford F-150.

Went to the back glossary and looked up "Four Wheel Drive". Check, page 306. Got it, page ******* 306 I go.

HOLY JESUS, the FIRST ******* SENTENCE ON THE PAGE READS:

If that's not ******* clear enough for you, on page 308 it states this under the heading, "4H (4x4 High)":

Oh, what's that? Still not convinced?

...but what about 4L (4x4 Low-Range)? Book never said anything about not using that on dry pavement!

Ahh...but they do; page 310 young-grasshopper:

If you want to continue reading on about the All-Wheel-Drive system offered on the Harley Davidson trucks and how they can have all 4 wheels, powered, and on dry pavement, read pages 310 and beyond.

This post should get this topic locked. There is no further discussion to be had on this. :baby:

Best idea of the bunch. I will research what is on the Harley. Maybe I can find a wrecked one and swap in its t-case into my truck.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're kidding right......

[

Also for at least the 93 cummins we had they were putting dana 70 or 80s in the rear and 60 or 70 in the front. Can't remember the exact but i do know the front end wasn't near as big as the rear. Correct me if i'm wrong

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except that's not what I am doing. But I don't want to have to pretend I'm on ice, either!

Comes with the nature of the beast. Having a powerful truck without much weight on the driving tires and has offroad tires not tires made for rain.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice lookin Fox but the hood needs aligned.

Will someone get Wiz15000 over here so he can teach us all how to properly use the 4x4 system?? Geez!

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Comes with the nature of the beast. Having a powerful truck without much weight on the driving tires and has offroad tires not tires made for rain.

Or better yet lets make it front wheel drive with the option to make it 4wheel by locking the rear axle up. :ROFLJest: But you are right

BigBird

Reaction score
Me too. I thought a "reply" would be placed with the post it pertained to. So I was supposed to use quote?

Now you got it ! Hey I'm right there with ya, you'll get the hang of it. Just don't let these F tards beat you up too much. They fairly good guys just messin around !

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
almost 15 pages later, we still haven't settled on an answer.:popcorn:

What is it with you 5.4 guys?! I said the answer, right from the book! I swear I'd bash my head on the desk if it wasn't tile. My luck, I'd break a damn tile piece!

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
swoop1156 said:
What is it with you 5.4 guys?! I said the answer, right from the book! I swear I'd bash my head on the desk if it wasn't tile. My luck, I'd break a damn tile piece!

It's probably just your hard head! Lol