Traction Boards and elastic strap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone running traction boards? I keep a shovel, axe, air compressor and elastic strap at all times with me in the Raptor along with my tools. My jeep would never even come close to getting stuck. I have yet to put the Raptor to the true test just yet. The majority of my off-roading involves sand. Keeping traction boards in the tuck seems like a good idea. I see plenty of different brands. Amazon even has a set for $70 right now. Anyone with any knowledge of which brands to go with and the crap to stay away from.

Speaking of elastic straps, same question again. I have the one from my jeep, but it may not be rated for the weight of the Raptor.

With Black Friday deals going on, it could be a good time to pick up some items.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The thing about traction boards, it’s about when they’re going to break, and how easily because if you need them, you NEED them.

The BunMan may have some to say about the traction boards. I have a set I keep handy for work in the sand, and ...

horror of horrors: I paid less than fancy mud flaps that say Raptor on them...

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score

i have these but i had got some blems years ago when they were getting started so i didn't pay msrp. they've held up well except burned off teeth. they've saved way more UTVs in the dunes than raptors in any other environment..

its good to have a set, but you better have a shovel also to prep before trying to drive out on them..

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
MAXTRAX Never leave home without them!!
That cheap azzzzszz shixt will snap in half on you. There is another brand, that escapes me right now, that is comparable, but same $3-500.
They are by far, my MOST USED Rescue/Recovery tool for self/victim Recovery.
They have literally Saved My azzszz several times. The “good” ones you can use to dig with, bridge gaps, change break over angles, effect approach/Departure.
Examples: Sliding over a cliff on Elbow Canyon, 2’ of snow. Unable to back-up to make the 80 degree turn. Used MAXTRAX to dig the snow (bigger bite than my Chovel, jammed them under the tires. I was able to back up and make the turn.
#2- Pilgrims run their Celica into a Run-Away truck ramp, Brianhead UT. Buried said Celiac to the Frame.
Used MAXTRAX’s to dig out the tires, jammed in the Trax, slight pull with the KE Rope and out they came.
Note-Celica’s are not great off-roading vehicles and are lacking good Recovery-Ponits (just like a Nissan Extera LOL), luckily I carry some J-hooks too. :)

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score

i have these but i had got some blems years ago when they were getting started so i didn't pay msrp. they've held up well except burned off teeth. they've saved way more UTVs in the dunes than raptors in any other environment..

its good to have a set, but you better have a shovel also to prep before trying to drive out on them..
Those are the other ones I was talking about :)

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone running traction boards? I keep a shovel, axe, air compressor and elastic strap at all times with me in the Raptor along with my tools. My jeep would never even come close to getting stuck. I have yet to put the Raptor to the true test just yet. The majority of my off-roading involves sand. Keeping traction boards in the tuck seems like a good idea. I see plenty of different brands. Amazon even has a set for $70 right now. Anyone with any knowledge of which brands to go with and the crap to stay away from.

Speaking of elastic straps, same question again. I have the one from my jeep, but it may not be rated for the weight of the Raptor.

With Black Friday deals going on, it could be a good time to pick up some items.
Buy once, cry once. Finally got them mounted in an out of the way spot with the Builtright bulkhead bar.

Attachments

• 5AC1F679-F1D0-4B07-9C67-33AE5A0E177E.jpeg
    5AC1F679-F1D0-4B07-9C67-33AE5A0E177E.jpeg
    262.9 KB · Views: 106