Tracking your New Order – Step by Step / FAQs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LacyinTX

Cute Little Smartass
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered 03-19-18
FP messaged me that it is scheduled with a build date the week of 04-30-18.
Can't wait!

LacyinTX

Cute Little Smartass
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it may be because my dealer had a stock order in line already. They just made changes to the existing order to suit what I wanted before it was locked. Good timing, I suppose.

Edit to add: I have no idea what the original order date was.

Last edited:

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 03-19-18
FP messaged me that it is scheduled with a build date the week of 04-30-18.
Can't wait!

Nice, good for you! I ordered on 3/9 and my dealer told me that build date would be late April (at the earliest)...waiting is the toughest part!!

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Curious, while I didn't read all 32 pages of this thread I'm not seeing the mention of Ford's COTUS tracking system? I ordered and successfully tracked my 2017 GT 350 using COTUS (and the Ford Performance direct line). It was ordered in early Aug., built on 9/11/17, and arrived 10/7/2017. Can Raptors be tracked via COTUS? I have both my dealer number and order number (but it's still too early in my case as I just ordered 3/9/2108)...

LacyinTX

Cute Little Smartass
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice, good for you! I ordered on 3/9 and my dealer told me that build date would be late April (at the earliest)...waiting is the toughest part!!

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Curious, while I didn't read all 32 pages of this thread I'm not seeing the mention of Ford's COTUS tracking system? I ordered and successfully tracked my 2017 GT 350 using COTUS (and the Ford Performance direct line). It was ordered in early Aug., built on 9/11/17, and arrived 10/7/2017. Can Raptors be tracked via COTUS? I have both my dealer number and order number (but it's still too early in my case as I just ordered 3/9/2108)...

Raptors don’t show up on COTUS. I wish they did. I’d love to see the status in writing as often as I like without bugging people in chat. LOL As it is I am limiting myself, even though it’s difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04SSHD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've reached out to ford service on facebook chat twice now and both times they're telling me that they are unable to verify my order based off of the order number, dealer code, and my name. They said the only way they can verify is if I have the VIN. I just want to make sure the dealer actually placed my order, and would like verification of that. They keep telling me that they can't do anything for me. Kind of bummed out on that, I'm sitting here, waiting, and I have no acknowledgement that the dealer who took my deposit to order a truck has actually done what I paid them to do...

PatAv8r

Reaction score
So I've reached out to ford service on facebook chat twice now and both times they're telling me that they are unable to verify my order based off of the order number, dealer code, and my name. They said the only way they can verify is if I have the VIN. I just want to make sure the dealer actually placed my order, and would like verification of that. They keep telling me that they can't do anything for me. Kind of bummed out on that, I'm sitting here, waiting, and I have no acknowledgement that the dealer who took my deposit to order a truck has actually done what I paid them to do...

When did they say they placed the order? It’s about a month after placing your order to receive a VIN. Don’t waste your time with Facebook chat, they are useless.

04SSHD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When did they say they placed the order? It’s about a month after placing your order to receive a VIN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Order was supposedly placed on 3/19/18. I didn't get a DORA screenshot, I got a Preview order screenshot, which I am sure is the screen you input the customer info into before the order is submitted. I just don't know if the dealer actually hit submit as I have no proof.

PatAv8r

Reaction score
Order was supposedly placed on 3/19/18. I didn't get a DORA screenshot, I got a Preview order screenshot, which I am sure is the screen you input the customer info into before the order is submitted. I just don't know if the dealer actually hit submit as I have no proof.

Yeah I didn’t receive a confirmation either when I placed the order, I took their word for it, I don’t think a dealer would lie about placing the order.