TPS falt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Avmech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I know you guys ate like what the hell is a TPS fault doing in the audio section? Let me explain, I just put in my system on thursday, and now after 20 min of driving the TPS goes off. I took it in to ford and they the sensors. On my way home they went off again. Went back and the dealer called ford tech and they said because I put in a aftermarket system I am getting RF interferiance and that is causing the problem. I have to take my wheels off place them in the truck with he radio on and recalibrate the sensors. Any one else have this problem. I know there is no Rf coming from the cables because they are all shielded and I called JL audio about this problem as well.

Last edited:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have heard of this on earily Ford vehicles with radio frequency TPS. I have not heard of any with the late model cars. The only tire I personally have had any issues is when I had my stock tires with TPS in the bed of my truck with aftermarket wheels and tps on the truck. The system flaked out, once I removed the stock tires everything was fine..

-Greg