TPMS Sensors. How do they read?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fyermanbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No they do not learn them selves. So you used the ones from the wheels you bought? and did not use the original ones?

Mounted on the truck are 2 original wheels and tires and 2 from another truck, then 2 from the other truck in the bed rack. no problems at all after about 20 miles.

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will it only work with four sensors? I have five (don't ask), have checked the pressure in all five and still get a tire pressure warning. Wondering if it's because I have five sensors instead of just four.

You may have a bad sensor. They do go out. I don't have the owners manual in front of me but you could re-train the 4 sensors per the owners manual. That may take care of your light as well.

Ive also heard of guys making pressure tubes and then installing all 4 sensors in that and re-train the system to read from that pressure tube. Then you could mount any tire wheel combination any time you'd like and not have to worry about the TPMS. All you have to do is keep the pressure tube inside the vehicle somewhere at the proper pressure.