TPMS fault light!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tire pressures are just fine all around, i also have been using Nitrofill, so im kinda curious as to why im getting this on my panel display.

I have yet been able to bring it in to the dealership for this problem, but are they covered by the Tire warranty, or is this a totally different component? I know they are only like 30 bucks, so im not too worried, but has anybody else ran into this problem?

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jesse, if your tire pressures are all okay, then you likely have a concern with one of the sensors which is definitely covered under your 3yr/36K warranty. Please let me know what you find out.

FSM

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will do guys! i will probably wait till i bring it to the dealer in fort collins, they seem 100 times better than tyhe guys here in cheyenne.

I will keep you guys updated on what they find.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
sorry to ask a stupid question but you said the tire pressures are 'just fine' I assume you have checked w/ a tire pressure gauge and made sure the pressures are above 38 lbs?? The TPMS is sensitive and goes on as soon as one tire drops below 38 I usually keep em above 40 just to make sure

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this on my FX4, it was a bad sensor, but it only needed to be reset. They used the magnet ring and reset and it went away? So maybe that is all that needs to happen. Good luck.

Kinkrider888

Reaction score
I had a horrible experience with this. I got a flat on my tire and was not able to seal it because the gash was too big, so I thought ok 300 for a new tire+installation. After Ford put on the NEW tire they tell me that they cant get the TPMS to shut off the dash and that I should bring it in again tomorrow to figure it out. So I did and an hour later they tell me "I" damaged the TPMS by driving on it while it was flat. I pulled over right after i got the flat because i could hear it hissing. It took about 10 minutes for AAA to come a fix it, the tire wasnt completely flat until about 2 hours later. A new TPMS was 90$+ they said 130 installation. I ended up spending close to 600$ on one freakin tire. That money was gunna go to my new subs.......... =(

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a horrible experience with this. I got a flat on my tire and was not able to seal it because the gash was too big, so I thought ok 300 for a new tire+installation. After Ford put on the NEW tire they tell me that they cant get the TPMS to shut off the dash and that I should bring it in again tomorrow to figure it out. So I did and an hour later they tell me "I" damaged the TPMS by driving on it while it was flat. I pulled over right after i got the flat because i could hear it hissing. It took about 10 minutes for AAA to come a fix it, the tire wasnt completely flat until about 2 hours later. A new TPMS was 90$+ they said 130 installation. I ended up spending close to 600$ on one freakin tire. That money was gunna go to my new subs.......... =(

Sorry you went through all that, but it can and does happen and does not take much, more so with the weight of this truck. Not saying it did, but I know folks who indeed ruined senors just by getting a flat. All past you now, enjoy the truck....

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i checked it with a gauge, however, gauges arent calibrated and we just had a big change in weather...

I bet its the tires i just recently had changed (2) and the dealership i went to doesnt deal with Nitrofill...basically filling your tires with nitrogene is suppose to fix these problems..so i will take them back to the dealership that does and hopefully they can dump whatever is in there and fill them back up with nitrogene.

I didnt know the cut out was at 38, so that proves there is no stupid question! but i will be sure to get them at 40psi or so...they were all above 38, but some were at 39psi...and due to the weather changes (gets dead hot during the day and cold at night) thats probably why its fluctuating. as i did get the alarm at night....but when i took it out around town in 85 degree weather...it didnt even come on.

so all in all it might not in fact be the sensor, but simple pressure changes due to weather.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my TPMS go off in A-B when it started to get dark and we were running up the last wash to the highway. I had never aired down and it turned out to be the cooler weather (and maybe the wet sand) was enough to set off one (or more) of the sensors. The pressures in all the tires measured right at 39 psi on my gauge... aired up to 42 and no more TPMS light.