Toyo RT vs K02 mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xcheese1

Reaction score
Hey All,
I have a 14 scab and need a new set of tires with 50k on my k02. they have been a great tire minus the steering shake i get that requires balancing every 5k when rotating. thinking of going rt but dont want to be stopping at the gas station every day (26 gallon tank). does anyone know the mpg hit with the rt/ridge grappler compaired to an at tire?
Cheers

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Minimal at best. They're about 7-8lbs heavier and rolling resistance is similar. I went from BFG's to RT's and didn't notice a difference.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems to be random for me at least. My nitto trail grapplers ran around 12 or so mpg and now my nitto terragrappler g2 A/T runs me about 9 to 11. (and this is just post- full engine cleaning so I would expect my mpg to stay the same or go up some.

Worst tire I've ever run is the Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, looked great, performed great off-road. Completely. Unbalance-able. I had to take them off with ample tread left. bb83223dc353bd6d4b5a92acfca3c351.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those that went to the RT's - how do you like them?
Mud/snow/ice?
Noise?

I tried to get the RT's but couldn't so ended up with the ATII's. They've been fine but a much rougher ride, granted went to a smaller tire to fit chains, but looking for the winter set for my Gen 2...still thinking RT's...

silverworx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would like to know more feedback about RT's as well. We will be getting a new set of tires right after we finished installing the backrack headache racks and the LED light bar. Looking at AT2 and KO2 as well.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW - the Ford Performance Raptor Assault school really pushes the BFG KO2 and the new one KMO?
The technical guy who is really an off road die hard went into all kinds of details on why these tires are so much better and how people misunderstand the tire and the reasoning behind the load ratings. I even went into details with him why I went to another tire and he told me to try the other size in the BFG with what they have available now. I should have talked to him earlier in the day.
Granted new trucks but on the assault a number of guys hit some nasty, sharp rocks wrong. Ok the tires are also aired down to 27-28 psi....when asked about this the details went back to liability and use....hwy was 37-38 in the front and 5 less in the rear for the best ride, and/or add 200 lbs in the bed.