Towing with deavers and bumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It is ok for the bumps to hit the Axel, However with the SVC kit it is adjustable to the lowest position while at ride height as opposed to where this seems to be loaded down this may cause you to pre maturely sack the Deaver springs out and put excess stress on the shocks. If you were opposed to swapping frame braces and frequently tow I would look into either a spring rearch and add a leaf as well to help with the weight.

Jeff

Supercup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have SVC bumps and Deaver +2's - I tow the boat with 600 lbs of tongue weight - When I got my Deaver's we discussed that and Deaver adjusted the standard leaf set up slightly to allow me to handle that weight without weight Dist. hitch.

Stock I dropped 2" - 2.5" - now I drop about 1" - actually levels my truck (stock shocks) out nicely.

If I tow a enclosed toy box or car trailer (24' Pace) I use a Wt. Dist Hitch with 1,400 lb bars. That seems to do the trick for up to 2,000 lbs of tongue weight.

Very nice set up!!!

Attachments

• 14,000 lb trailer Hitch.jpg
    14,000 lb trailer Hitch.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 122
  • ez lift 1,400 lb bar 1.jpg
    ez lift 1,400 lb bar 1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 118
  • EZ lift Hitch.jpg
    EZ lift Hitch.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

Supercup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a photo of my bump stop with a good load in the back of the truck - I have Deaver +2 pack - one offs to carry 600 lbs of trailer tongue weight.

Truck drops about 1" with this load in place:

2006 Honda 450 quad
10 gallons of fuel - two 5 gallon tanks
1 mid size nitrogen bottle & hoses etc.
a bunch of fire wood
2 chairs
riding gear
ramp

About 550 lbs of weight is my estimate.

You will note the bumps were moved about 1" underway when I hit a dip at about 80 mph on the freeway - so the did come into play and did its job.

Truck rides great with this amount of load in it. Makes me want to carry around about 400 lbs all the time!

Attachments

• Bump Stops - full load.jpg
    Bump Stops - full load.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Bump Stops - full load 1.jpg
    Bump Stops - full load 1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Bump Stops - full load 2.jpg
    Bump Stops - full load 2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JTRATX, I would look at readjusting your WD hitch a bit... I run nearly the exact same setup with the stock leafs and once I was done tweaking the weight distribution hitch my rear squats less that 1/2" fully loaded... If I disconnect the WD bars, at mid perch the rear squats 2.75" a big difference.

My recommendation would be to get the truck and trailer on very level ground and go through setting all your WD ball angles again. I think it will help you greatly.