Anyone rebuild King Bumps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rebuilding my King bumps and just curious what oil volume to add. Also, since its basically an emulsion shock, do you do anything special when adding the oil and nitrogen? I was thinking of adding the oil, then open the schrader valve and compress the shock to expel all the air and then fill it with nitro.

2012SCSVT

Reaction score
The Best way is for you to measure the amount of fluid you remove if you want to get them to operate the same as before you rebuild them.

If you add more fluid and less nitrogen the bump with have a softer ramp up to max pressure. Example 200cc fluid 50cc compressed camber for nitrogen

If you add less fluid and more nitrogen the bump will have a more linear rate to max pressure with generally a hard initial hit. Example: 150cc fluid 100cc compressed chamber.

For prugeing the atmosphere from the bump, it's generally not a huge deal but you can over service them and then bleed the pressure off a few times which will help get rid of the air as the more times you do it with nitrogen.

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I was able to get a hold of king and they said 124cc. The back up plan was to measure what came out but you just never know how much has leaked out I’ve done lots of shocks that have had very little fluid left in them so I’m always skeptical of measuring that way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter